Riding with your phone

DonnDenn

Hey what's up guys hope you enjoyed the awesome weather yesterday...I was wondering what you use to attach your phone to your bike I use Strava and I put it in my pocket but I'd like to attach it to my bike thank you

on the road, i use a quadlock case. it is very low profile, and protects the edges of the phone.
mounts to the stem, or top tube. easy to hit the button and get the time, or bring up a map.

on mtb - couple of my jerseys/jackets have zipper pockets on the back - that seems a good place. or my hydration pack.
I avoid a pocket that isn't "sealed"

I ride with a moto360 sport watch. All my phone notifications get mirrored to the watch, and I can respond via voice or by simple responses from a drop down menu. Can also initiate a phone call with words in an emergency.
It all pairs with my phone in my bag/pocket. The watch itself can run strava, so you can leave your phone in the car and it'll still record.
They are like $100 now, I'm really surprised they aren't more popular. So useful on the bike. Especially if you ride during business hours like I do sometimes. Bluetooth stereo headset, smartwatch, mobile work station in the woods!

My wife got me an awesome handlebar mount / case, but my phone (Android) isn't happy in it - screen won't stay on. What sort of phone do you have?

I also use the quad lock.
They also have adapters for belt clips, holder for the car, tripod clips, etc, all with a quarter turn easy on/off similar to Garmin. I just added the quad lock mount to the back of a waterproof case for my galaxy note5 and haven't had any issues.

@The Landfill of Slacktown
When my daughter was using my old phone for strava I used a phone garmin mount and attached to to the phone case. Then you can use any garmin mount. Just get a second case for you phone.
20201015_105437.jpg
20201015_105401.jpg

Quad lock or KOM Cycling makes garmin mounts that stick to phone cases.
There was a guy that was 3D printing cases with garmin mounts built in, but not sure if he’s around. It was reasonably priced....$35?

Back
Top Bottom