Riding Tips

Shaggz

A strong 7
This is inspired by Norm Z's blog chronicalling his training for the 24 Hours of Allamuchy (Nice Blog Norm!). ]

What tips/hints/advice have you found helpful in mountain biking?

1 - If you want to go faster, brake less (http://normbrero.blogspot.com/ - secret to speed)

2 - Shutup and ride (Heythorp)

D

DANSPANK

I'm sure everyone's already got this one down but controlled breathing really helps me on the hills: in for one full rotation and out for one full rotation.

I haven't yet ridden with an iPod on coz I like listening to the quiet out in the woods but from the gym I know pedalling to the rhythm can help get through "the wall" too...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Glad you enjoy the blog, though anyone who clicked that link will see it's not all about training. Though that has taken up a lot of my brain cycles these days. I started a training blog which will be of little interest to anyone. But if you really want to read it, the link is on the right of the one you linked. I don't know how much use it will be at this stage. It may be more entertaining as I ramp down from the 24 hour ride (translation: drink myself into a 2 week stupor) and ramp up for the All-A-Muchy ride (read: delude myself that my poor performance in the 24 was a fleeting anomally and that I'll actually finish it under 5 hours).

This is my blog entry on the speed thing.

And this is the original article from dirtworld.com.

I find it helps. On the other hand, it also means the fun is over faster and the next hill comes up sooner than it used to. So use with caution! :)

As an addendum to #2 I would add, "How do I get better at X? The answer is always, do X."

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i thought that's where that comment came from.

another good one wasn't so much as a sentence rather a statement when my legs kicked out on one of the last hills there and heythorp went by me like i was standing still...which, coincidently, i was...and his inside voice said "get out of my way fat arse!" :D

ytc100

smarencik said:
This is inspired by Norm Z's blog chronicalling his training for the 24 Hours of Allamuchy (Nice Blog Norm!). ]

What tips/hints/advice have you found helpful in mountain biking?

Practice a good spin. Pedal like you're scraping mud off of the bottom of your shoe.

Top Bottom