Riding spot with swimming possible rope swing

roc

anybody know of any trails where you could ride and have a lake or river for swimming with a rope swing?
In New Jersey or heading towards hunter in ny?

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
anybody know of any trails where you could ride and have a lake or river for swimming with a rope swing?
I know mountain creek in Vernon NJ has trails and swimming holes, not sure about the swing though. I've done several Spartans there and always see mountain bikers and have to wade through the swimming holes.

Mildly Wild

2 places we ride and swim:
1) Stokes SF. Swenson trail to Stony Brook Trail to Stony lake. Public beach there. Ride Blue Mtn Trail back.
2) Lake Nochamixon PA. Trail runs along lake. Not really supposed to swim there but people jump off their boats and swim. There is a spot where one trail comes very close to the lake in a cove. We always stop there for a dip. Beautiful clean lake. Rocky bottom so bring flip flops.

Piston Honda

There's a sketchy looking rope swing at Dickerson Mine.

Screenshot_20170623-144818.png

roc

I
Tilcon lake at Stephen's
Waway at waway[/QUOTEi
Is there a rope swing somewhere. I guess I should have been a little more specific.
Me and buddy took Monday off and want to ride and swim. But I would love to hit up,a rope swing

ebineezer

There is a cliff jumping spot in wawayanda although it can be quite dangerous (several people have died there) and I thought there was a popular rope swing spot somewhere near rockaway

02camaro

I know its not in the direction you requested, but there is a cliff jump at Wissahickon in Philly, not sanctioned and area is marked no swimming but people still do it.

Bleeder

JORBA:President
Both Waway and Shepherds Lake in Ringwood have public beaches. Not quite swimming holes. But the riding is great.

Washingpole

Oh man, I remember there was a great place in New Jersey that fits all of your requirements, however it got closed a couple of years ago.

MichelleEdmund

Oh man, I remember there was a great place in New Jersey that fits all of your requirements, however it got closed a couple of years ago. I was actually thinking about buying that place, as I really like it, and I have spent a hell a lot of time in there since I was a kid, until the place got closed. If I would be able to buy it, first of all I would like to make some changes, and the first one would be to change all the ropes on the swings, as the old ones are rubish! I want people to feel safe while using them, that is why I am going to choose ropes that are reviewed on https://www.growgardener.com/best-rope-for-tree-swing/. Hope my plan is going to become real.
Don't you remember how was it called?

Top Bottom