Riding Packs/Hip Packs

stevie.mtb

Anyone have a 2015-16 Fox Racing Oasis Hydration Pack? Looking to get my hands on one of these but also considering options from Dakine. Any info would be appreciated!

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was actually just looking at this yesterday. Looks like an awesome setup. From what I read this is better than the Camelback version. The camelback version slides around a lot. Have you used it yet? I'm gonna get me one.

I haven't used it yet. It took a month to get and I started using my bigger winter pack.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
When did the fannypack become a thing in biking?

I saw someone riding with one early this year and thought it looked dumb, and realized it's probably exactly what I need. Small bag that can fit bike tools and the layers I take off but doesn't turn my back into a gross sweaty mess.

The Kalmyk

When did the fannypack become a thing in biking?

I saw someone riding with one early this year and thought it looked dumb, and realized it's probably exactly what I need. Small bag that can fit bike tools and the layers I take off but doesn't turn my back into a gross sweaty mess.

On the contrary. Its the closest you will get to riding without a bag at all. I believe more people would like it if they tried it. You're welcome to try out my bag of you chose to form your own opinion without spending a dime.

rlb

I've thought about a fanny pack for longer rides. It seems like a good place to stash food without the awkward tugging of weight in your jersey pockets. It wouldn't work for me on summer MTB rides because I drink about 1 gallon per minute.

The wingnut stuff looks interesting because I'm getting sick of camelbak back. According to the wingnut site Ramsey Outdoor is a dealer, maybe I'll have to take a ride up that way and check it out.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have both the Camelbak and EVOC packs.

They both have shortcomings but I still like them

The evoc bladder is a hydrobak which is awesome in regards to cleaning. It can be turned inside out. The camelbak bite valve is what I am more accustomed to and I prefer it.

At first fit the evoc is better but the magnet for the hose is weak as compared to the camelbak. Sort of a bummer as the hose bumps off the magnet on the evoc too often

The evoc fits super well but unfortunately the waist strap comes loose over time.

I think the storage is more intuitive and convient on the camelbak too.

Both of these hold about 50 oz. that plus a 25oz bottle has been pretty good for fall/winter rides where I don't drink as much.

I first became aware of The resurgence of fanny pacs on a trip to Santa Cruz last year. Everyone had one there.

I'm hooked and honestly, not having the shoulder straps is awesome.

They bounce around when full of water and in a way they force you to drink the first third of your water quicker as beyond that they are way less bouncy.

So yeah.. I'm all about fanny pacs.
I'm able to carry enough water, tire and shock pump, mini tool, levers, chainlink, tire boot and some food. Pretty solid setup that I'm always reaching for unless it's hot or a ride longer than 3 hrs.

For the summer I really like the camelbak skyline 110. The bladder is a triangle and most of the weight is in your hips.

The Kalmyk

I have both the Camelbak and EVOC packs.

They both have shortcomings but I still like them

The evoc bladder is a hydrobak which is awesome in regards to cleaning. It can be turned inside out. The camelbak bite valve is what I am more accustomed to and I prefer it.

At first fit the evoc is better but the magnet for the hose is weak as compared to the camelbak. Sort of a bummer as the hose bumps off the magnet on the evoc too often

The evoc fits super well but unfortunately the waist strap comes loose over time.

I think the storage is more intuitive and convient on the camelbak too.

Both of these hold about 50 oz. that plus a 25oz bottle has been pretty good for fall/winter rides where I don't drink as much.

I first became aware of The resurgence of fanny pacs on a trip to Santa Cruz last year. Everyone had one there.

I'm hooked and honestly, not having the shoulder straps is awesome.

They bounce around when full of water and in a way they force you to drink the first third of your water quicker as beyond that they are way less bouncy.

So yeah.. I'm all about fanny pacs.
I'm able to carry enough water, tire and shock pump, mini tool, levers, chainlink, tire boot and some food. Pretty solid setup that I'm always reaching for unless it's hot or a ride longer than 3 hrs.

For the summer I really like the camelbak skyline 110. The bladder is a triangle and most of the weight is in your hips.

The Rick Hunter effect

Top Bottom