Riding near Finger Lakes, NY?

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I'm heading up to Finger Lakes next weekend for a wedding and can not decide whether to bring my road or MTB. Does anybody know if there is a decent trail network up there?

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will let you know after this weekend. One of the guys I ride with goes there twice a year and rides with a group of friends on the road. But I also recall them as saying the shop guys up there are mtbers. They are also heading up that weekend too...

mattmor

I'm heading up to Finger Lakes next weekend for a wedding and can not decide whether to bring my road or MTB. Does anybody know if there is a decent trail network up there?

Look up Jeff at Cayuga Cyclery - in Ithica. They have some really fun trails not far from there.

-matt

chemgirl

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I will let you know after this weekend. One of the guys I ride with goes there twice a year and rides with a group of friends on the road. But I also recall them as saying the shop guys up there are mtbers. They are also heading up that weekend too...

Let me know. Are your friends going up Mtbing or hitting the road?

Thanks! I'll check that out. I would prefer to bring the Mtb, but I need to get in about a 4hr ride so that requires a nice bit of trail. If I can find trails my husband may actually ride with me some since we aren't bringing the kids.

J-Dro

Thanks! I'll check that out. I would prefer to bring the Mtb, but I need to get in about a 4hr ride so that requires a nice bit of trail. If I can find trails my husband may actually ride with me some since we aren't bringing the kids.

I used to spend quite a bit of time in the Finger Lakes region back when my in-laws owned a cottage up there. But that was before I even owned an MTB, so I don't know much about the trail network. I can verify however, that the rolling hills and wide open space makes for some ideal roadie conditions.

ADoug

I am actually spending the summer in Syracuse and brought my bike up with me. Trail networks around here are vast and fantastic.

I went to the LBS a few days ago to find out what the local riding scene was like. They listed 7 different trail systems that are all within 45 minutes of me.

Best.Summer.Ever.

Edit: CNY DIRT is pretty much the same as JORBA, just a different state. If you'll be near Syracuse, Highland Forest and Great Bear are known as some of the more popular trail systems.

Top Bottom