Riding in Phoenix?

lancerracer

I am going to be traveling to Phoenix for a conference in May and I wondering if there is good riding in AZ. I will have a car so I am not limited in that respect. Has anybody ridden in AZ?

Shaggz

A strong 7
yes - sedona is a must do. the arizona forum on the other board actually has a FAQ for visitors coming to AZ with trail advice, etc

anrothar

entirely thrilled
phoenix area supposedly has 'competitive use' type areas. trails created specifically for mtb'ing and trail running. supposed to be really good. i think it's phoenix area, but could be wrong....

lancerracer

I definitely plan on trying to get up to Sedona! Most of the time I will be riding around phoenix, but I will be there for 2 weeks, so I will try to get up to Sedona for a day or two on the weekend.
Thanks for posting the link to the bike shop, I was planning on renting, but I haven't even thought of looking for shops yet. Thanks!

Chris(NJ)

I was out there a couple years ago, didnt ride though. Was out there playing golf. Wish I rode a little out there though, There are some great trailers apparently.

C

CD1134

AZ Trails

I lived in Flagstaff for four years and Phoenix for one and did A LOT of riding while there. Flag's got some terrific trails but the environment looks a lot like Jersey. If you want a real change of scenery then definitely stick to trails in Phoenix and Sedona. The locals' best kept secret is a trail guide by Cosmic Ray called Fat Tire Tales & Trails: Arizona Mountain Bike Trail Guide. The URL below will give you a visual aid and review.

http://www.bikemag.com/news/massmedia/060805_cosmicray/

Use this book as your bible and you won't have a bad day of riding.

Watch out for rattlesnakes!

lancerracer

lol...the first thing my girlfriend's parents said to me is to watch out for snakes...I ride in Florida a lot though so I have seen make share of snakes on rides...
Thanks for the tip on the book, I will definitely pick one up when I get out their.

Top Bottom