Riding in Long Island?

NJMX835

I'm going to be in Bridgehampton Long Island for Thanksgiving & am looking for a good place fairly local to there to ride.

Does anyone have any suggestions and\or maps?

Edit: It's actually Westhampton, it seems that's pretty close to Manorville & I used to ride dirtbikes out there back in the 90's so maybe that's an option, but I'm definitly open to other suggestions.

Last edited:

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
climb is the best place to start. i work on LI a lot - if you're close enough, hit cunningham park in queens.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Glacial Ridge. There are a couple places marginally closer (Eastport, Cathedral Pines, Calverton), but Glacial Ridge is the best bang for your buck. Really fun, twisty trails that are more interesting and challenging than the others in that area.

Also, fyi, we're riding Cunningham in Queens at 7:30 am on Thanksgiving day...

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
There are a lot of great places to ride around Westhampton. The sites posted above are where to start for sure.

The best in the immediate area imo is Shoreham. Ask on vision if anyone can give you a tour of "ESS". East Setauket (ES) is also quite good.

Further east you have Nortwest Woods in Sag Harbor (local guide almost mandatory to see all of it) and Hither Hills in Montauk (decently marked, map at the trailhead).

Rocky Point, Cathedral Pines, Bethpage, Stillwell...there is a ton to the west of you too. Just decide how many days you have to ride, then see about getting a local tour.

Best of luck, tell them KenS said "hi".

Last edited:

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
climb is the best place to start. i work on LI a lot - if you're close enough, hit cunningham park in queens.

Is there anything in NJ you can compare cunningham to?

I work on LI quite often and would like to hit up some parks on the way home.

-Steve

NJMX835

John\Ken,

Thanks very much guys, I think that's all I'll need for a couple days worth of good riding out there.

I'll ask on Vision if anyone out there can give us a tour, I'll be there from Thursday-Sunday so there should be enough time to hit a few spots.

Thanks again!

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
There are sick DJs out there somewere, IDK exacty, but DON or KenS might know who to contact.

jontotman

Cunningham is a little too far from West Hampton but like what jbogner suggested try to go to Glacier Ridge, this trail is fun, fast, tight twisty single track. I had fun riding my SS there.

NJMX835

Hey guys, so far we're planning on Glacier Ridge, Eastport & Cathedral Pines for rides, which should keep us occupied for a bit.

Do any of you have maps of any of these places?

I registered at Vision yesterday, but I'm not approved to post or download anything (like maps) yet & for some reason I can't get through to Climbonline.

NJMX835

So, we ended up riding Eastport & Glacier Ridge, both good rides, but Glacier Ridge is definitly in the top 5 most fun places I've ridden, part BMX track & part roller coaster, thanks guys!

idbrian

Crotch Rot
Was Glacial Ridge the place where you park in some sort of large town hall type place and the trail is in the back corner?

NJMX835

Was Glacial Ridge the place where you park in some sort of large town hall type place and the trail is in the back corner?

Yup, that's the one.

Is there anywhere in NJ with trails like that? I had such a blast riding there...

Top Bottom