• Three times a week

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • More than 3

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
wow I'm in high school and get the whole summer off with no part time job and i only ride about 2-3 times a week the whole year. Do you guys do anything except bike, like spend time with family, go to parties, etc?? Unless you race competitively i can't understand why.

its because we're all MAD I TELL YOU!!! MAD!!!:scared::drooling::scared::eek:

;)

Spylab

No straight answer on the poll.

Summer months: 3 days MTB, 7 days Road

Winter months: 0 days MTB, 1-2 days road.

walter

Fourth Party
wow I'm in high school and get the whole summer off with no part time job and i only ride about 2-3 times a week the whole year. Do you guys do anything except bike, like spend time with family, go to parties, etc?? Unless you race competitively i can't understand why.

I will elaborate a bit. I start work very early in the morning, and while I don't have a set 40 hour work week there are days when I am home usually by 2 or 2:30 in the afternoon. My wife works until 5:30 and my daughter is in daycare. If I get home at a reasonable hour I will hop on my road bike, and depending on how late it is will take a ride for x amount of miles. Again, this isnt everyday, but fairly often. Ride is over, walk up to my daughters school, then its home with her til Mommy gets home.

Occasionally I can arrange for my wife to pick up our daughter so I can do a mtb ride, but honestly after a day of work I am pretty beat and I usually dont have the energy to drive an hour and then ride for an hour or so, then back home. Makes for a very long day.

Weekends we split the chores, I usually ride early on saturday to get it out of the way to be available for the rest of the day. On sunday I will ride depending on everyones schedule. Sometimes its another mtb ride, usually a road ride. I try to accommodate if my wife wants to do anything or if we have any functions to attend.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i also work very early, which means that during the week i go to bed very early, which means that during the week i have a very limited social life. i also frequently ride my bike the 16.5+ miles each way to and from work, which means i have to get up even earlier. riding to and from work or school is the absolute best way to get mileage in, which will make you capable of longer and probably faster rides on the weekends.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's

See what also happens with a lot of us is that we get desk jobs that pay more than, say, going to college and the like. And then you sit around all day and eat better food, because it's your job to sit around and you can afford good food. So you start to get fat, and realize you need to exercise to keep it off. Many people join the gym from which has risen the expression, "I hate the gym." So if you need to exercise 4-5 days a week, you might as well do something you enjoy.

I ride 4-6 depending on the season. But even after race season I get on the bike because it's simply the most enjoyable way to exercise.

xc62701

Lol...I know it sounds odd but you can do both. I'm out as often as I can fit in usually and you need to make it work. I have days that I'm out for 1 hour and I have days that I'll be out for 5 hours. I have time for all of the above, and I do pretty well at the races...

dualfisted

I'm ritually riding 4-5 days a week right now. My old job used to allow almost none. I'm gonna try to stick to this, I'll trade off for some surfing or snowboarding on any given day though too, I think it's a fair trade-off.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm ritually riding 4-5 days a week right now. My old job used to allow almost none. I'm gonna try to stick to this, I'll trade off for some surfing or snowboarding on any given day though too, I think it's a fair trade-off.

speaking of surfing - did you get out yesterday? looked awesome from the wavewatch.com view. the line up was pretty thick whereever the cam is at. but it looked like fun - clean waist to almost head high.

Top Bottom