Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Three times a week

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • More than 3

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters
C

Cthulhu

How often does everyone get to ride during an average week?

BiknBen

I think you need to add more options to the poll. Even this time of year, I'm on the bike at least 4 times per week. In the summer, it would be unusual for me to take more than a day off per week.

walter

Fourth Party
Agreed, I don't qualify, but you have folks here that commute to work via 2 wheeler. Plus the fact that the majority of us are multiple bike owners its quite possible that as long as the weather cooperates folks are on the bike 7 days a week.

I'm a biking schlub compared to a lot of people here with horrible work hours and a young daughter, and I still get about 4 days a week on the bike.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Only on Sundays :mad: Which might change starting next weekend to Saturdays. I try to get out once during the week in the summer too, but it is hard to do because of the stupid job. I hit the stationary bike sometimes during the week but I hate it.

Panhead

Every day during the summer, usually 12-15 mi after work and around 20 mi on the weekend. Right now only on the weekends, or if I get home early enough.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
pedal to work ass much as i can, and hit the trails on the weekends and holidays. i get lazy, or ill*, or injured sometimes though, which takes it down quite a bit.

*fully liscenced.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'm usually riding at least three times a week, usually more. travel depending, of course.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
due to my job sucking balls, its once a week for me (on sundays), and i'm lucky if i even get that in. i travel too much.

before this job, its was easily 4 - 5 times a week for hours on end... but that was three years ago... :(

once i get enough experience here, i'll hop jobs again to something with a little more work-life balance.

then i'll be back out, hopefully doing a couple races again. :getsome:

Last edited:
C

Cthulhu

I was curious because of how my schedule works out. Between work, class, and lifting it looks like (at least for now) I can swing twice a week. Once the semester has ended and my lifting parameters have shifted I think I can get out four times/week, more if I ride earlier on in a given day before I hit the gym.

xc62701

I'm usually on the bike 3-4 times a week(at least) in the winter and probably 6-7 days a week in the summer.

Mike679

I generally get in one MTB ride and one or two road or trainer rides per week. That's about the best I can do given work schedule, kids, and other trappings of life.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I picked 1 even though it probably averages 1.5-2 over the course of a year.I can't imagine 4+ avg unless you are commuting..........

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
wow, It's great to see that so many people find the time to ride, even in the winter. Yes, life gets in the way often and then there is the cold and the conditions in winter.

I try to get ouside on a bike 3-4 times in winter, but weather may get in the way now and then. I try not to sweat it. May - September maybe 5-6 times a week. I certainly don't ride hard every time either. I often incorporate a rest day with trail maintenance or taking out a beginner. All can be equally rewarding and bennefit the mental aspects of my fitness.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I spend 6 days a week on a bike...4 days commuting, thursdays I ride in the am and then drive to work, and Sundays on the mountain bike...I'd like to spend a little more time on the mountain bike but my schedule doesn't really allow for it...

-Jim.

olegbabich

I put down twice a week, but thats when I get out to a trail. I ride to work every day, unless its realy raining hard.

wow I'm in high school and get the whole summer off with no part time job and i only ride about 2-3 times a week the whole year. Do you guys do anything except bike, like spend time with family, go to parties, etc?? Unless you race competitively i can't understand why.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
in the winter, realistically once a week. My GF lives in philly, so I spend the weekends there usually. Conveniently, her apt. is 2 blocks away from the trailhead at wissahickon and I can make it down to the trails in DE in less than an hour. I do a few trainer nights a week too.

In the summer, I try to be on one of my bikes every day, with serious rides at least 3 days of the week.

Top Bottom