Riding around Ringwood/Wayne

C

Cthulhu

Hello all. Does anyone have any trail recommendations in the Ringwood/Wayne area for a newbie like myself?

Also, if anyone wants to meet up for some riding let me know!

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Rode Ringwood this morning for a short bit and it was great. Lots of ice and snow close to the Shepard's Lake park lot but it thinned out quick and left lots of great riding throughout the singletrack.

Also thousands of boy scouts were in effect! (Something called a klondike)

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Just rode today for 3 hours. The snow is crunchy and actually give tons of traction. It was a lot of fun. Cold, though.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Just rode today for 3 hours. The snow is crunchy and actually give tons of traction. It was a lot of fun. Cold, though.

Ringwood?

I just got back from Waywayanda. There was a lot of snow...SOFT snow...How come it didn't freeze?!!? :getsome: I suffered a lot on the climbs and had to push. I didn't bring a camera so I can't contribute to the snow white thread :(
Was out for about 2.30hrs and only managed to do close to 10mi.
It was freakin' cold, but the winter boots and gloves with heat packs kept my feet and hands warm :)

CycleBoy

Sussex Bike and Sport
Shop Keep
Ringwood?

I just got back from Waywayanda. There was a lot of snow...SOFT snow...How come it didn't freeze?!!? :getsome: I suffered a lot on the climbs and had to push. I didn't bring a camera so I can't contribute to the snow white thread :(
Was out for about 2.30hrs and only managed to do close to 10mi.
It was freakin' cold, but the winter boots and gloves with heat packs kept my feet and hands warm :)

Wawayanda is funny like that. I live in West Milford, but down the mountain. When we get rain and freezing rain, they get snow in the park. The last storm brough just under 4 inches up there, so I imagine the shady places had quite a bit yet. Ringwood and Jungle Habitat, though only 8 miles apart are in great shape.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Wawayanda is funny like that. I live in West Milford, but down the mountain. When we get rain and freezing rain, they get snow in the park. The last storm brough just under 4 inches up there, so I imagine the shady places had quite a bit yet. Ringwood and Jungle Habitat, though only 8 miles apart are in great shape.

Damnit!! It was either Wayway or Ringwood but I hadn't been to the Wayway in a while so I decided on that. I'll know better next time.

Oh well, at least I still got a good workout, pushing the SS in the snow was a killer.

Top Bottom