Riding areas near Hunter, NY

dmc123

My buddy's dad has a place at Hunter. We're going up there this weekend but we haven't ridden up in that area. Looking for good stuff, on the technical side. Have 2 days so give a couple places if you know. Any info/recs on these places we heard about would be helpful: Elm ridge, Jockey Hill, Round Top. Thanks

xc62701

Elm ridge is definitely worth exploring. Lots of vert and some nice flowy stuff. Not much on the technical side.

onetracker

Jockey Hill is awesome and techy but not well marked so you will need TrailForks. Round Top is fair and not super big, also I think you need to stay at the resort or get permission to use the trails (restaurant at the resort serves good German food and brew).

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Round Top is fair and not super big, also I think you need to stay at the resort or get permission to use the trails (restaurant at the resort serves good German food and brew).

This wasn't the case years ago when I went, though I guess things could have changed. I was confused about where to park, so I went into the restaurant and asked, and they said to go park by the biergarten. I was like, "there's a biergarten?" hell yeah. I would add that I had a hard time navigating Round Top following one of the enduro routes on my Garmin.

Over the Bars

I was at round top last summer and you did not need to be staying at the resort to use the trails. The place is really really cool but navigating it is challenging. The food at the restaurant there is worth all the roads you have to ride to get to the sweet downhill sections.

dmc123

Thanks for all the recs guys. Had a great weekend up in NY state. Made it to all 3 places and the Beir Garten too! Navigating with Trail Forks worked well, we followed some recommended routes. Had great weather, rode some fun trails and drank a bunch of good beers. Total success!

Id_rather_be_skiing

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I was at round top last summer and you did not need to be staying at the resort to use the trails. The place is really really cool but navigating it is challenging. The food at the restaurant there is worth all the roads you have to ride to get to the sweet downhill sections.
thats for sure...when I saw the live firing range signs I was like "well I messed up." Thats when I started paying for trailforks

Top Bottom