Riding after dark

bigblue

First time posting. This is a great forum and the information is immensely helpful. I've been riding Allaire for several years. With work and family, it's getting harder to find time for rides, especially during during daylight hours. Thus I'm looking into possibility of riding at nights. Is riding after sunsets strictly prohibited. If not, I don't think it's impossible if properly prepared. I'll have a magicshine 808 and couple of Niteride luminas. Before venturing out for night rides at Allaire, would like to hear from the group. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If it is prohibited, any other nearby trails permit night riding? Thanks in advance.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
first

yes, it's bad to do. don't do it unless you want to get in trouble with dick tracey. if you are about that living on the edge lyff, do what you gotta do

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It ain't a crime if you don't get caught

Frank

Sasquatch
First time posting. This is a great forum and the information is immensely helpful. I've been riding Allaire for several years. With work and family, it's getting harder to find time for rides, especially during during daylight hours. Thus I'm looking into possibility of riding at nights. Is riding after sunsets strictly prohibited. If not, I don't think it's impossible if properly prepared. I'll have a magicshine 808 and couple of Niteride luminas. Before venturing out for night rides at Allaire, would like to hear from the group. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. If it is prohibited, any other nearby trails permit night riding? Thanks in advance.

Park is open Sunrise to Sunset, and it's considered illegal to night ride there. That said, be stealthy and don't ride the outer trails at full blaze, don't park in the lot, be quiet, and don't attract the Park Police.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
riding after sunset is not allowed in most of the parks in New Jersey we try to play by those rules that being said I think some parks are open until 8:00 pm which once the time change happens you can get some riding in after it gets dark.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions