rideable?

Mic360

How will the Columbia Trail be on a day like today? I am thinking of getting out with the kids but its a little of a drive for me to get there and find out its not rideable.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone been? How much snow is there still? Trying to figure out a place for NICA on Saturday morning.

Robin

I briefly looked down the trail in Flanders on my way to work and still snow covered....depth I'm unsure of though. It was still somewhat dark but I'd guess it's somewhat tamped down. I'll try to look at it again when I leave/in daylight.

iman29

Anyone been? How much snow is there still? Trying to figure out a place for NICA on Saturday morning.

@MadisonDan we got another coating up here on the Flanders side last night for a few hours, probably about an inch or more that stuck to the grass and cars. All this while the power kept flickering on and off from 6PM - 11PM. FYI The Bartley Road trailhead is 1 mile from my house and I ride by there a lot.

When I went by on my road ride this past Monday i took a quick look and it was still snow covered but not deep since I was trying to think If I want to try and ride it myself one of these days (probably not with my skinny tire bike). It's usually a few degrees colder here than by you or Motown so unless today/tomorrow gets a little more sunny/warm I dont know how NICA friendly it would be. If I am out I will try to snap a pic for you on a drive by between today/tomorrow if you want.

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MadisonDan we got another coating up here on the Flanders side last night for a few hours, probably about an inch or more that stuck to the grass and cars. All this while the power kept flickering on and off from 6PM - 11PM. FYI The Bartley Road trailhead is 1 mile from my house and I ride by there a lot.

When I went by on my road ride this past Monday i took a quick look and it was still snow covered but not deep since I was trying to think If I want to try and ride it myself one of these days (probably not with my skinny tire bike). It's usually a few degrees colder here than by you or Motown so unless today/tomorrow gets a little more sunny/warm I dont know how NICA friendly it would be. If I am out I will try to snap a pic for you on a drive by between today/tomorrow if you want.
Appreciate it... thanks!

iman29

Sending this from the trailhead lot on Bartley

I wouldn't say the trail great for taking a bunch of NICA kids on it. Mushy here as you can see from where the snow melted already. Further down looks more snow covered depending on the tree shady areas I guess.

We can see some person already left a rut in it. Man this winter sucks.

Attachments

• IMG_9174.JPG
    IMG_9174.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 354

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sending this from the trailhead lot on Bartley

I wouldn't say the trail great for taking a bunch of NICA kids on it. Mushy here as you can see from where the snow melted already. Further down looks more snow covered depending on the tree shady areas I guess.

We can see some person already left a rut in it. Man this winter sucks.
thanks..... looks like we're headed south

Oz Von Toco

Anyone think it's rideable today? I know it's rained a bit but I've never ridden it and am not sure if it's one of those trails that sheds water well, appreciate all replies!!

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Anyone think it's rideable today? I know it's rained a bit but I've never ridden it and am not sure if it's one of those trails that sheds water well, appreciate all replies!!
Definitely rideable. May be some puddles a but it's looking to be a nice day

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions