Ride today?

McKMtnBk

So, I was going to try out the infamously wet 6 Mile Run but the board has advised against it. I'm pretty sure a hanging was discussed if I rode there.I have never been to Clayton before either and wanted to see if it's ride-able today?

FishFood

Monday had great traction with almost no slick spots...gonna be a different situation after the Wednesday rain.

McKMtnBk

Great little park

You guys have a really nice little trail system here at Clayton! Flowy trails with some challenging climbs and some downhill bombers delights. I took EVERY right hand turn and followed the outer loop on my first go around and then went back in and hit the middle trails. Very well marked. Conditions were superb. Just over 20 minutes from my office in Bristol, PA so I'll find my way back again.

Great quiet area around the park too. Almost forgot I was in Jersey.

giff06

The road riding around Clayton is very good also. We sometimes put both bikes in the truck and start with a road ride then have lunch on our return,and follow it up with a few off road laps of the park. A very enjoyable double header.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

Last edited:
The road riding around Clayton is very good also. We sometimes put both bikes in the truck and start with a road ride then have lunch on our return,and follow it up with a few off road laps of the park. A very enjoyable double header.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

noticed that as well - is the snot rocket back yet?

MikeP

You guys have a really nice little trail system here at Clayton! Flowy trails with some challenging climbs and some downhill bombers delights. I took EVERY right hand turn and followed the outer loop on my first go around and then went back in and hit the middle trails. Very well marked. Conditions were superb. Just over 20 minutes from my office in Bristol, PA so I'll find my way back again.

Great quiet area around the park too. Almost forgot I was in Jersey.

haven't been up there in 2 years, but a fun spot for sure

giff06

Its in transit.Should receive it here by Friday. Helping youngest son and his expecting wife move into new house on Sat. Start the re-assembly process on Sunday and hope to try it out on Monday/Tuesday. If you are not familiar with the roads around Millstone/ Cream Ridge area we have a couple of 30/40 mi cue sheets printed that we would be happy to share with you or you could join us next time we do the double if you wish.
Ed and Pat

giff06

Hey Chris,
20.8 avg for 61 miles is not too shabby. Without knowing your LTHR a 144 avg HR and 154 max means you were riding comfortably the whole time.( compared to my LTHR @ 165 bpm) We ride some of that same loop-Sweetmans lane,Agress Rd, and Assupink MWA. We also extend to the other side of Rt 539. Some good roads over there also. Not quite as rolling. We like the Millstone/Clarkburg side the most. Thanks for sharing.
Ed and Pat

Last edited:
Its in transit.Should receive it here by Friday. Helping youngest son and his expecting wife move into new house on Sat. Start the re-assembly process on Sunday and hope to try it out on Monday/Tuesday. If you are not familiar with the roads around Millstone/ Cream Ridge area we have a couple of 30/40 mi cue sheets printed that we would be happy to share with you or you could join us next time we do the double if you wish.
Ed and Pat

would be fun for sure - good luck with your reassembly

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey Chris,
20.8 avg for 61 miles is not too shabby. Without knowing your LTHR a 144 avg HR and 154 max means you were riding comfortably the whole time.( compared to my LTHR @ 165 bpm) We ride some of that same loop-Sweetmans lane,Agress Rd, and Assupink MWA. We also extend to the other side of Rt 539. Some good roads over there also. Not quite as rolling. We like the Millstone/Clarkburg side the most. Thanks for sharing.
Ed and Pat

The avg. was 20.5, not 20.8. Those tenths make a bigger difference when you get over 19mph.

Thats my tempo pace, where I stay below LT. For me that means keeping it under 148. Flatter roads, and little wind help make it easier to maintain a faster mph avg. This was probably a calm day.

I've gone over to the other side of 539 on occasion but have also gotten disoriented over there. Those roads are not marked well and when they are they are not consistent with whats on a map. This is tough on a bike considering those roads are like 5 miles long before the next intersection. You can end up 15 miles in the wrong direction pretty quick...unless you have the Garmin 800 or a local with you.

Is this going to be your first grandchild...gramps:D
Congrats

giff06

No...but thanks for that. My oldest and his wife have a 2 year old. He has a straddle type bike and will soon be ready for a pedal bike. Hope to put one or both on the tandem someday.
I know how hard those tenths are to pick up above 20. See ya out there.
Ed and Pat

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions