NickDavid

this too

LA3576.jpg

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
i wish i could ride to work

here's one of my commutes (this week)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...5.677068&sspn=28.887524,59.765625&ie=UTF8&z=8

another...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...0.023408,-74.833374&spn=1.741498,3.735352&z=8

and another...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...-74.833374&sspn=1.741498,3.735352&ie=UTF8&z=6

good fun stuff.

the last one listed - i have driven with the mtn bike. there is a trail system in downtown south bend - not too bad too - a lot like hartshorne, just tighter... and believe it or not, slightly hilly! MI has some decent sandy riding spots just north of town too.

funny thing is... most would say - you should fly there. but with all the layovers you have to make going into south bend, its generally faster to drive. i have raced in my car, and beaten coworkers who flew. one time, by 6 hours. and i have my bike with me. next time i go out (which will be soon), i am hitting rays with the dj bike.

BiknBen

I've seen guys with this on the train. Without fail, these guys live in Dork City.

But they are getting more miles in than you guys are! :hmmm:

The last time I kept track of mileage was in 2004. In that year, I did a 27 Mi round trip commute 147 times. Do the math. I've got a solution to the excuses.

I'm not gonna convince you to spend a grand on a Bike Friday. But...that is one way to get around the NJT regulations.

D

DANSPANK

Hey Norm, there is a Pedestrain path along the GWB. All of the New Yorkers use it on the weekends to get to the Palisades. But you, like I have to compete with all of the traffic heading towards New York.

We don't have a shower in our office either and I get a right sweat on, but in the summer I'm able to get home early enough to get some after work road rides in. Come on March 9 when we move the clocks forward - after work riding can begin on the roads.

Dan riding after work = belly goes down

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The last time I kept track of mileage was in 2004. In that year, I did a 27 Mi round trip commute 147 times. Do the math. I've got a solution to the excuses.

Dude I get up at 4:30 to ride. That's the freaking anti-excuse if I've ever heard one.

C

Cthulhu

Work is very close to me and I'm planning on riding to work once it becomes a bit warmer. All I have is the mt. bike. Do a lot of you guys ride your mt. bikes to work?

F

Firefly7

Hey Ken, thanks, but that 1&9 truck route is a death trap. I think I'm stuck driving. I really wish I could hit calm side roads. I'd ride to work every day.

Bro, Forget it...Don't even get crazy and try it....It's really a death trap...There is a way around but i would take you 4 to 5 hours to do....

Glancing Aft

It's official, so I can post it, on April 7th my company will be relocating to Parssipany. As a result of the move my office will go from being 23 miles from my house to 6 miles. I plan on bike commuting every day. Of the many route options I have these are the two I'll probably do the most.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=40.899112,-74.429798&spn=0.066952,0.095787&z=13&msid=106075455181547650428.00044725b123ff9b5c2db

I still have some many logistics left to figure out, but I can't wait!

edit: just added a 3rd route which will be my mtn bike commute route.

Last edited:

Maurice

Not to stir the knife in the wound, but this is my short commute.

I get creative, mostly on the way back, the back roads around here are fairly safe, especially at night.

This morning a man was coming out of a shop. He saw me coming around and said "I'm jealous!".

Made my day.

Maurice

NickDavid

It's official, so I can post it, on April 7th my company will be relocating to Parssipany. As a result of the move my office will go from being 23 miles from my house to 6 miles. I plan on bike commuting every day. Of the many route options I have these are the two I'll probably do the most.
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=40.899112,-74.429798&spn=0.066952,0.095787&z=13&msid=106075455181547650428.00044725b123ff9b5c2db

I still have some many logistics left to figure out, but I can't wait!

edit: just added a 3rd route which will be my mtn bike commute route.
[Rod Stewart Voice]

Will, have I told you, lately, that I hate you.

[/Rod Stewart voice]

I guess I'll just have to wait until I relocate.

MTB Aussie

How do you plan on carrying the Mac on the bike? Do you have a rack? If so what kind and how did it attach to the 'ole hardrock?

I am researching racks for my old Jamis hardtail that will be my occasional commuter. I already ride it the one mile to my train station. On the days when I work in NJ I want to ride a little further and my boat anchor laptop _cannot_ go on my back. Yeah, I know I could get a macbook air but some of you know how i feel about that.

Bottom line - anyone got any good rack experiences for throwing a trunk bag or laptop bag on?

MTB Aussie

I am researching racks for my old Jamis hardtail that will be my occasional commuter. I already ride it the one mile to my train station. On the days when I work in NJ I want to ride a little further and my boat anchor laptop _cannot_ go on my back. Yeah, I know I could get a macbook air but some of you know how i feel about that.

Bottom line - anyone got any good rack experiences for throwing a trunk bag or laptop bag on?
Quoting myself (is that like talking to yourself?)

I am still looking for a good rack recommendation. You guys cant all be using backpacks. Any advice welcome.

TIA

Top Bottom