Ride Sunday 10-12 around 10:30 to 11: Meet up Anyone interested?

thanx to the 501 crew

Well I went to Allaire on sunday for the first time ever. I took the orange trail for a while and did a little of the blue trail. Their was some Great switch backs and a couple of little steep climbs. In the middle of the ride I ran into a group of guys (501 crew). They invited me to join them for the rest of the ride showing me some very cool and even faster sections to ride. It ended up being a great couple hours of riding. Once again thank you to the 501 crew and any of the other guys that showed me a great ride at Allaire.

Just shoot me an e-mail when you guys wont to hit up Wissahickon Park in philly or White clay/middle run in DE.

Tom
njbiker66@yahoo.com

Well I went to Allaire on sunday for the first time ever. I took the orange trail for a while and did a little of the blue trail. Their was some Great switch backs and a couple of little steep climbs. In the middle of the ride I ran into a group of guys (501 crew). They invited me to join them for the rest of the ride showing me some very cool and even faster sections to ride. It ended up being a great couple hours of riding. Once again thank you to the 501 crew and any of the other guys that showed me a great ride at Allaire.

Just shoot me an e-mail when you guys wont to hit up Wissahickon Park in philly or White clay/middle run in DE.

Tom
njbiker66@yahoo.com

hey tom, it was great meeting you and riding with you. even though i had to cut my ride short due to a mechanical. i was the guy with all the tattoos. definetly gotta ride with us again.

u beat me to the punch

yeah man you wont hear my infamous "CLLLAAAANNNNGGGG" anymore when we ride. hahaah. should have brought your HOTsister from HOTlanta riding. hahahah

Yer sister being in town from the ATL is merely an excuse to introduce her to the 501 Crew. You've neglected yer duties son!! Yur punishment is five poorly timed flat tires with no pump, patch kit or tube on-hand.
Hey, anyone doin' TM this weekend?? It is this weekend, right?? I think I may be able to make this one.

Yer sister being in town from the ATL is merely an excuse to introduce her to the 501 Crew. .

weddingandshit119.jpg

this is all we did. plus T.J. your sig doesn't indicate you are down with 501...son

OK. I can't take the suspense anymore. What exactly is the 501 Crew??? Some kind of South Jersey cult??? Do I need to hide in the bushes when you guys come through (though I think I rode Allaire with some 501 crewers recently and they allowed this Yankee to leave alive)???

It all started when my announcement for our beginner rides turned into a blog of sorts. The number of posts got near 500 and we started posting the #s. The mods decided to play along and said they would cap it at 500,which they did. Having nowhere to post about our tuesday beginner rides, I started a thread called 501. It all went downhill from there.

yall were lucky we dun let you out alive;)

OK. I can't take the suspense anymore. What exactly is the 501 Crew??? Some kind of South Jersey cult??? Do I need to hide in the bushes when you guys come through (though I think I rode Allaire with some 501 crewers recently and they allowed this Yankee to leave alive)???

haahh yankees are allowed my friend. shit, im a benny and im allowed. hahaha

shit is not a curse! its just an abbreviation for Shift High In Transit.

Certain types of manure used to be transported (as everything was back then) by ship. In dry form it weighs a lot less, but once water (at sea) hit it. It not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen; methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern. BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure where always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

think of the word as more of a vocabulary word than a curse

u know i'm down YO!!!!

weddingandshit119.jpg

this is all we did. plus T.J. your sig doesn't indicate you are down with 501...son

Why it gotta be like that G???? I'd make a cool 501 sig, but my Crakberry is my interweb tool right now and I can't get too jiggy on the forum with it. So throw me a freakin' bone here would ya? I'm 501 TJ, haha. Can't have that fun hangout time u and the sis had tho, that sux ese'.
PS- it's when u hear dualing banjos on a 501 ride that visitors should be afraid, very afraid.

shit is not a curse! its just an abbreviation for Shift High In Transit.

Certain types of manure used to be transported (as everything was back then) by ship. In dry form it weighs a lot less, but once water (at sea) hit it. It not only became heavier, but the process of fermentation began again, of which a by-product is methane gas.

As the stuff was stored below decks in bundles you can see what could (and did) happen; methane began to build up below decks and the first time someone came below at night with a lantern. BOOOOM!

Several ships were destroyed in this manner before it was discovered what was happening.

After that, the bundles of manure where always stamped with the term "S.H.I.T" on them which meant to the sailors to "Ship High In Transit." In other words, high enough off the lower decks so that any water that came into the hold would not touch this volatile cargo and start the production of methane.

think of the word as more of a vocabulary word than a curse

fair enough

haahh yankees are allowed my friend. shit, im a benny and im allowed. hahaha
we already been through this with you "you are a transplant" you just got out of SI and dropped on down to the "501" were you can never leave....

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions