Rhode Island Choices

Rusty

Burlingame?
Arcadia?
Big River/Carr Pond?

Those are my choices for next friday...any opinions?

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
I've ridden all three of those trails and was disappointed. I'm sure if I had someone showing me around it would be a different story, but winging it didn't prove fruitful for me. Personally I think the ledges area of aracaria is lame. It's a bunch of ledges but no real trails or lines. I prefer Lincoln woods and Sutton further north.
I grew up there but didn't start seriously riding til after I moved, so I'm limited to when I visit my folks.,

Jmann

Lincoln woods 11 mins from my hotel so....does it drain well?
It's basically a big hill, so it drains ok. Lincoln woods is a mess of trails, and nothing's labeled so it's confusing. If you use the breakneck rd entrance and turn right after the bridge, you can access the better trails from there. A whole bunch end up on your left as you drive that road across from the fields. There's some really cool stuff if you can find it

Jmann

Actually there is sort of a map on singletracks. If you follow the trail at the northernmost part of the park that abuts private houses, you can look to the left and see where a lot of the trails end. It's basically grind fireroad up, bomb trails down. There's some big drops so be careful

Rusty

Well, that place was a hoot. Lots of fun packed in a small place. Would have been a bit better with a tour or if the leaves weren't all down, but I found some good fun stuff there and had a blast. Thx for the advice.

Jmann

Glad you enjoyed it. I've ridden there a bunch and there's trails I haven't been able to find again. There's also a giant rock roller I always chicken out on.

Top Bottom