Rhino Closed ? New Trail - Baboon ?

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
State Park signs on Otterslide say "STAY ON TRAIL" then at entrance to Rhino- "TRAIL CLOSED"
/
Hey John, did you see that sign at the "halfway point" on Rhino (where the trail had been sorta closed a while back), or are you saying the entire Rhino is closed?

I was there about a month ago and saw what ginger observed...live trees (in come cases saplings) cut across the trail.:mad:, but only the southern half of Rhino was "closed", no signs indicating closure at the initial entrance to Rhino.

ChrisRU

So what is the story, is Rhino closed? I have ridden it several times recently and just stumbled across this thread. As of Saturday the trail was clear and in great shape for riding...

SmooveP

Rode all of Rhino on Sunday. Did not see a Trail Closed sign. Did see the Stay on Trail sign.

gingertooth

Rhino is fully open but legally only half we can ride. The other half lies in norvin green which is hiking only. The problem is, that a resident who lives on the border of norvin green is pissed cause he hunts it. So he thinks he can just close it off to all by cutting live trees down. If you see any trees being cut take pictures and email them to the state and where u took them. He is committing a crime by doing so. Im not gonna tell u what not to ride but it aint stopping me. Been my favorite trail since it was built so im gonna ride what i like.....

TonyC

sign at the "halfway point" on Rhino (where the trail had been sorta closed a while back), or are you saying the entire Rhino is closed?

I was there early Sunday.
Yes, it's that little loop section where you can see the houses.
It's not all of Rhino.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions