Revolights Skyline

rick81721

Lothar
Just installed on the Optima and went for a test ride. First off they didn't fit on the weird spoke pattern on the original wheels on the bike so I used the R501s from my supersix and they fit. Installation wasn't too difficult - a learning curve so the second wheel went much faster. Pretty easy to finalize alignment and attach the batteries to the hubs. Magnets go on the fork/chain stay to synchronize the lights so they shine forward and backward in an arc. They claim the front light is bright enough to act as a headlight and on town/city roads with street lights and ambient lights that's probably true. Around here, a headlight is still needed. Huge improvement in visibility, especially from the side, and confidence riding at night/twilight/dawn. Will see how they hold up in inclement weather/winter - claimed run time is 4 hrs.

http://revolights.com/pages/skyline

Here's how they look when not moving:

media

In motion:

media

Last edited:

I Ride Bikes

I saw your pics before and checked out there website. It looks like they updated the setup to make the install easier. Is this the more current kit?

It really is a cool invention.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I saw them in person and am really impressed with the amount of light coming off these things. So much more visibility from the front and back and especially the side. Santa will hopefully drop a set off at my house this year.

rick81721

Lothar
I saw your pics before and checked out there website. It looks like they updated the setup to make the install easier. Is this the more current kit?

It really is a cool invention.

Yeah Mike this is the latest - they just started shipping them. Another cool feature I just noticed fooling with them in the garage is when you slow down the rear red lights start blinking like brake lights.

Top Bottom