Revised/Realistic goals for 2007

ryderX

Well we're in the early part of the season, anybody revise their goals for '07? I knocked Leadville off of my list for the year, 3k is a bit pricey for a 100 mile ride. (per my bride).

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Have not dropped anything yet but I added one. I want to ride a century before noon. Maybe I'll ride to Pennsylvania and back. That'll just about do it. I'm also like 4% more inclined to do the absurd Hillier Than Thou ride in September.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Well we're in the early part of the season, anybody revise their goals for '07? I knocked Leadville off of my list for the year, 3k is a bit pricey for a 100 mile ride. (per my bride).

Coming out west instead? You still have a little time to make the arrangements. The bride already gave u permission for that.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
mine have changed a lot. i no longer want to beat heythorp up the needle. i REALLY misled myself by thinking that i could do it...let alone on the SS. i simply don't have the saddle hours under my belt to consider it. he is quite literally years ahead of me. i just hope to keep him within eye shot.

other than that i'm still doing LM and the darkhorse40. i may add in KVSP as well...still up in the air on that though. oddly, the wife asked me if i was going to do it. :hmmm:

ryderX

Coming out west instead? You still have a little time to make the arrangements. The bride already gave u permission for that.
It killing me not to go. Though with everything else on my calendar it doesn't really fit into my season. I'm leaning towards a trip later in the year out to Park City.
Now that I have your attention, I'm doing a road ride Friday morning from the parking lot near Sunrise Mt. Roll time is 8:03 any interest ?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
c'mon kris. we all know you bailed on leadville because with lance and floyd dropping out, the competition just wont be up to snuff for you...

is it really 3k??? just for the race or including airfare? do they serve lobster at the feed stations?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It killing me not to go. Though with everything else on my calendar it doesn't really fit into my season. I'm leaning towards a trip later in the year out to Park City.
Now that I have your attention, I'm doing a road ride Friday morning from the parking lot near Sunrise Mt. Roll time is 8:03 any interest ?

WHat else are you doing this year?

ryderX

The whole "kit n kaboodle" quickly adds up. When you figure in 2 vacation days, 4 nights lodging, rental car, meals, airfare, entry fees, plus all the other incidentals the tab quickly approaches $3K. On top of all that you really can't go out and do much pre-race riding beyond a few hours to spin your legs before the actual race. The other major deciding factor was not being able to convince/hustle anyone else into entering this year with me. It's a hard enogh event with a friend out there, though it's pretty rough by yourself. I've earned 4 buckles, 2 with friends and 2 solo, and the solo ones were by far the hardest. Next year Sean ?

ryderX

WHat else are you doing this year?
Wilderness 101, SM 100, VT 50, a few of the MASS races, H2H on a singlespeed, 24hrs of Allamuchy solo, and maybe Darkhorse. I'm also doing this, though to make it more interesting I'll be riding up from Sturbridge MA to the start on the Canadian border with my riding partner 3 days early.
http://www.transnhbikeride.org/
Always looking for donations....

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wilderness 101, SM 100, VT 50, a few of the MASS races, H2H on a singlespeed, 24hrs of Allamuchy solo, and maybe Darkhorse. I'm also doing this, though to make it more interesting I'll be riding up from Sturbridge MA to the start on the Canadian border with my riding partner 3 days early.
http://www.transnhbikeride.org/
Always looking for donations....

Wow, very nice. We may have up to 3 races overlapping this year so I'll get to see how piss poor my performance really is.

PM the info and I'll donate to your ride.

What's up with Sturbridge? That's the second time you've referenced it.

ryderX

It's all about having a good time while riding, nothing more and nothing less. I'll be 45 this September, and still get all jacked up riding a bike. How cool is that?
Those stupid t-shirts that say "Life is good" always flash through my mind when I'm pedaling.
The Sturbridge connection is my good friend Ian VonHold, my riding partner and Team mate for 6 years, before he was dragged off by his bride 3 years ago to live happily ever after MA. He's actually leading the road ride I'll be doing on Friday near Sunrise Mt. All are welcomed.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
tell ian i said whats up. don't think i've seen him since 2002 or so when i was wrenching for petersen at 24 o mooch. i'll be getting a climbing elevation count for the berkshire valley/mahlon hill loop on friday.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You'll be missed & you'll miss a great time.

Would love to join you on Friday but after riding my mt bike on Friday I realized I need some more time in the mountains before the trip. I was sore all over & the road just doesn't simulate the pounding my body is going to take.

ArmyOfNone

a century sounds like an interesting challenge. Before the winter, i never thought i would ride on the road. Ill need to do some serious work this spring and summer. Ill also need a hope and a prayer. Definately an unsuspecting victim to tag along.

Hopefully ill have my new roadie at that time :)

ArmyOfNone

O i forgot to add what races im thinkin of doing.

Campmor H2H Race #1, Wawayanda Spring Cleaning
Campmor H2H Race #2, Bulldog Rump
Campmor H2H Race #4, Lewis Morris Challenge
Campmor H2H Series Finals, Ringwood Fall Classic (this one im not sure if you have to qualify for or not)

Id also like to try one or a few of the allamuchy races if they work in to my schedule.

Top Bottom