Revised/Realistic goals for 2007

Coming out west instead? You still have a little time to make the arrangements. The bride already gave u permission for that.

Ugh... you had to mention that. The only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that I don't yet have my full squish frame in hand. Soon as that comes in then I will be thinking about you guys on the sweetness in fruita.

as for my goals... I do plan to do one long race this year but have not decided if its wilderness or shenandoah. think the latter. vt50 if i can get in. oh yeah, there is always the more-o-muchy for the truly insane... i might attempt that. :)

Race, ride, TM , & fun

I'm going to do most of the Campmor H2H on a SS
Darkhorse 40
Rt 66 Holiday Farms Marathon
All-a-muchy

Duryea DH
US Open Diablo
a couple of Whiteface and Plattekill DH

Some All Girl Day rides & race prerides
help teach 2 clinics
Blue Mt festival on June 10
NEMBA festival on sept 8

Trail Maintence (already got 11 hours of Paydirt)

The Big Goal is the National Championships at Mt Snow. I qualified for XC, but I might do the SS, or the DS, or the Super D, or DH if I qualify at Duryea DH

With the diversity in my schedule and training, I don't expect to win a race. I just want to go out and play,...try new things. Hopefully, get more people out on the trails!

I have not been to Blue Mt. yet but everyone tells me its a great place to ride. Please share more about the festival.

I have not been to the festival, but here are some pictures of the sweet trails at Blue Mt. Bikers always wearing smiles at that place. I have this vision of someone holding up their bike broken in two partsand saying "that was awesome!"
:)

My goals are all promoter-oriented. NORBA official's license is on its way. Promoting the first XC race ever in Manhattan on May 20th (preliminary race flyer here: http://www.nycmtb.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1515 ), local evening race series June-August, some interesting and offbeat races planned for later in the summer, jump jams to keep things fun and interesting... just amping it up now that we've got some great local trails.

Will definitely race some of the H2H series again this year. And before the year is out, I'll make my DH racing debut somewhere. 24 hours race with the crew- probably Killington. As always, I try to balance out the racing with the fun rides. Racing's great for staying in shape, but long rides on great trails with good friends are the pinnacle of fun...

http://www.root66raceseries.com/schedule/briarlee.php

that is a reeeaaally fun course. no big climbs, but it's constant up and down, so plenty of elevation. some good technical sections. total blast. i did a 24 hr race there in the mud and it was even fun in that. it's a short lap though. dry lap times are in the 25-35 minute range, muddy in the 30-40 minute range.

Hey that's me...

I have not been to the festival, but here are some pictures of the sweet trails at Blue Mt. Bikers always wearing smiles at that place. I have this vision of someone holding up their bike broken in two partsand saying "that was awesome!"
:)
Hey that's me on my singlespeed !!! I'll be able to fulfill one of my team commitments and supply an action photo for the team web page. Thanks Ellen...

i'm thinking of adding this in next year along with the H2H races. hopefully... :D

http://www.jonbrumit.com/byobw.html

Lookout for these guys:

BBWF.jpg

Not sure who is more bad ass, Dr. Sarin or the Turk.

Last edited:
Send it to Dirt Rag

Hey that's me on my singlespeed !!! I'll be able to fulfill one of my team commitments and supply an action photo for the team web page. Thanks Ellen...

It really is a great picture. Mountainbike mag is also looking for great "motion" pictures.

tell ian i said whats up. don't think i've seen him since 2002 or so when i was wrenching for petersen at 24 o mooch. i'll be getting a climbing elevation count for the berkshire valley/mahlon hill loop on friday.

scratch that. i'll be doing a light, low elevation count ride. probably the sussex branch. my achilles is still a little teeny bit not right, so i'm gonna keep resting it for another week or so. better to have to build back up after a few weeks of light-nothing than to have to recover from a serious, season ending injury....

Shit, son - you've only just turned 30 and you're breaking already....

it's not fair... a stripper at the crazy horse II once told me i was old soul though, so maybe that explains it.

Old "Soul" or old "Sole" like a crappy piece of haddock or somethin'?

Are you sure she didn't say "you a soul" (say it fast)? Was the bar someone near the Mason Dixon line ? Regional dialects are sometimes tricky...

it was vegas, and she happened to be from jefferson. true story. no way she could have made it up either. my dl says oak ridge(mailing adress). twas during interbike, and she asked where our shop was and i said, "lake hopatcong, nj". to which she got all excited and replied, "WOW! i'm from jefferson!". weeeeiiiirrrddd maaaaannnnnn.....

Back
Top Bottom