Reverb finally took a crap

I think by biking law he who removes stuck seat post becomes the owner of the bike.

Do you have clamps that can push? toss a piece of rebar through the bb and push the seat out

You could also try and tap the post in either direction in order to try and break the mechanical bond before rotating the post. I would use a piece of wood against the lip of the outer shell to prevent marring the surface.

You could also try and tap the post in either direction in order to try and break the mechanical bond before rotating the post. I would use a piece of wood against the lip of the outer shell to prevent marring the surface.
I already maimed the outer post with channel locks. At this point I don’t really care about the dropper I just need to get it out of there without hurting the frame. Gonna try a combo of all the things - PB blaster, heat, rubber mallet, pipe wrench...

Last edited:
I already maimed the outer post with channel locks. At this point I don’t really care about the dropper I just need to get it out of there without hurting the frame. Gonna try a combo of all the things - PB blaster, heat, rubber mallet, pipe wrench...

please record on go-pro for our viewing pleasure, kthanks

If you used the dropper more than 3 times a year you would eventually have had problems as well

I got almost two years out of the Reverb on my fatty, but I just replaced it last night.

I massaged some anti-seize on the dropper post before installation, aluminum bike frame as well. So far so good.

In one of the proudest moments of my biking life, I finally got this fucking seat post out.

I got absolutely wrecked on Tigers Blood yesterday after getting snagged on my seat post, so I came at it with a new spicey hatred today.

Shoutout to @Fire Lord Jim for the advice to use an old stem to clamp on some extra leverage. This was the golden ticket.
1589036015646.jpeg

Added some nice new scratches to my frame in the process. Zero fucks.
1589036107373.jpeg

success.
1589036143099.jpeg

Ok, @Fire Lord Jim riddle me this.

I have an XT pedal, so no wrench flats only the 8mm Allen that is rounded out. This was installed onto an XT crank about 7 years ago with no grease at all. Trying to save the cranks, pedal is toast.

Ok, @Fire Lord Jim riddle me this.

I have an XT pedal, so no wrench flats only the 8mm Allen that is rounded out. This was installed onto an XT crank about 7 years ago with no grease at all. Trying to save the cranks, pedal is toast.
Try hammering a larger hex into it. I had a thru axle get completely rounded out once and this did the trick.

Can the pedal be removed from the spindle? then destroy it with a pipe wrench?

Assuming the crank is alloy and the pedal axle steel, we again use heat to get the penetrating oil distributed. Taking Patrick's lead, I would disassemble the pedal, weld a lever to the pedal axle, (also supplies the heat) and whack the lever. Whack as in impact gun whack, not steady increasing torque, (which tends to shear). Whack in both directions, you seek movement. Know that usually the steel threads win over the alloy ones, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

Assuming the crank is alloy and the pedal axle steel, we again use heat to get the penetrating oil distributed. Taking Patrick's lead, I would disassemble the pedal, weld a lever to the pedal axle, (also supplies the heat) and whack the lever. Whack as in impact gun whack, not steady increasing torque, (which tends to shear). Whack in both directions, you seek movement. Know that usually the steel threads win over the alloy ones, but it is worth a try. Good luck.

See. We're on the same page. This is why I told the customer he's getting new cranks and pedals. Buy used, get used and abused. "Twas a killer deal."

Back
Top Bottom