rethreading a crankarm

walter

Fourth Party
Is it possible to rethread a crankarm where you screw the pedal in? My wifes bike seems to have the hole cross threaded or something and now the pedal wont fit flush when I screw it in. I was hoping it was maybe the pedal but I tried a different pedal with the same result. Can it be fixed? Its a Raleigh M20 or something, I'd hate to have to buy a new crankarm/set if I dont have to.

ryderX

Your LBS should have a thread cleaning tool that can clean up the starter threads. I've also had success threading pedals in from the reverse side of the crank arm and chasing the threads.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Maybe. I know halters has the size for bb30 threads. You get one get out of jail free card and if you do it again, crank is done.

TheBikeGuy1

Shop: The Bicycle Hub
Shop Keep
you can get it tapped at the local bike shop . the cost is typically about ten dollars and takes a few minutes but it does not always fix the issue . but there is another option you can make the whole bigger and used a recoil kit .. which is something many shops might not want to do cause they would rather sell you a new crank for 50 plus dollars but it can be done. hope this helps

Top Bottom