Replacing the Battery in a Wahoo Elemnt

rob0

Work in reverse, getting everything nicely wrapped with the old tape and tucked into the battery compartment.
the fit was a little different for the ribbon cable, but there is enough slack to make up for it.
Patrick - this was fantastic. My Elemnt was down to 30 minutes with a full charge - I ordered the battery from ebay followed the incredible directions and its back up and running no problems.

I created an account just to say thanks - I'm glad google turned up your post. Wahoo offered me 20% off a new Roam, but I'd rather put that $300 towards something useful rather than replacing a head unit that just needed a $10 battery.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Not sure if this belongs here - but the google will find it.

My Elemnt went into a boot loop - every 10 seconds it would restart.
Never got the 'Warming up' icon. It was plugged into my car USB overnight,
which shuts down after 15 minutes. The previous day, it was plugged in for a 3 hour drive after a couple days use, which means it was fully charged.

Quick review of the problem said that the power button may be stuck down OR it is just in a boot loop which will stop after the battery fully discharges.
Well 15 hours later, it is still in a boot loop, and I don't feel like waiting. I can hear the power switch click when I press it, so probably not that.
I'll just disconnect the battery (unplug it, and plug it back in) to see if that fixes it.

Sure enough, it came back just fine. Was down to 13% charge so maybe another couple of hours would have finished draining it.

It lives another day!

rick81721

Lothar
Not sure if this belongs here - but the google will find it.

My Elemnt went into a boot loop - every 10 seconds it would restart.
Never got the 'Warming up' icon. It was plugged into my car USB overnight,
which shuts down after 15 minutes. The previous day, it was plugged in for a 3 hour drive after a couple days use, which means it was fully charged.

Quick review of the problem said that the power button may be stuck down OR it is just in a boot loop which will stop after the battery fully discharges.
Well 15 hours later, it is still in a boot loop, and I don't feel like waiting. I can hear the power switch click when I press it, so probably not that.
I'll just disconnect the battery (unplug it, and plug it back in) to see if that fixes it.

Sure enough, it came back just fine. Was down to 13% charge so maybe another couple of hours would have finished draining it.

It lives another day!

It lasts longer if you actually use it! I have only replaced mine due to the rotation clasp shearing off in a crash.

Top Bottom