Renegadesmtb 2013 Race Schedule

koolaid

Renegade mtb races

All of the races were created to be a little different or quirky. Some people like the "points" races and others just like to get out and try something different.

FYI the Lippman 38 is a tough race. Less than half finished last year. 12.5 mile laps were averaging 1:25 for the fastest riders.

koolaid

It is not terribly technical but it does have about 1300' of elevation gain per lap.
Both the racers that finished and the ones that did not said that it was one of the toughest races they had ever done.

koolaid

The trails are very well marked. See trail map on the Renegades website

At this time of year it is best to ride when frozen. If it goes above freezing much the lower trails will be slick with mud.

You can ride most trails in either direction. There are only a couple of trails with one way signs.

koolaid

Lippman 38

As of today the park is a little wet but really not bad. The weather around here looks great for the next week which will dry out the remaining trails.
We will be marking the course over the next couple of days. Just keep your eyes out for orange arrows. Intersections will be left open till the day of the event which will make navigating the course a little harder but we should have the orange arrows close to all intersections. Keep your eyes open and you should be fine.
Race will start on the top left corner of the pond and go onto Trail 1(Tadpole) clockwise. It will go up towards Grand Junction and onto 15(yellow jacket) then proceed to cover most of the trails on that side of the landfill. You will then come back out into the pond(start area) for the mid-point then up 3(Thunder) to Grand Junction onto 4(lower ledge).Follow the signs from there.
Let's see if we can have more than a 50% finish rate this year. You will be climbing 4000 ft in this race.

MannyL358

I was there a few weeks ago ...the trails are a ton of fun. Think 6MR on steroids with some rocks.

Koolaid, are you guys including the newly built trail ("S&M") in the race? It's a sweet trail... Douglas let me ride it before it was complete.

Pics:

Attachments

• Lippman Photos.jpg
    Lippman Photos.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 118
  • Lippman Photos2.jpg
    Lippman Photos2.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 108
  • Lippman Photos1.jpg
    Lippman Photos1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 107

koolaid

The new trail 8 (S&M) is complete but probably won't be in the race because it is too wet. That could change by next week. So if anyone rides the course this week just remember there could be a last minute change. A fun change if it's used.

steve336

I signed up..love this park worth the trip from north jersey! looking for some personal redemption after bearscat 50.:getsome:

koolaid

A quote from one of last years racers.
"This was the hardest race I've EVER raced before (and I've done olympic length triathlons). Kicked my ass last year...could only complete 2 laps."

Yes DH40 it is not.

koolaid

yeah it is always a fun race. Trouble is most racers don't wanna work that hard. 4200' of climbing is a little much for some. Like I said before only 40% finished last year.

Top Bottom