Removing briars

xc62701

Has anyone found a good way to remove this annoying briars??? I try to pick them off by hand, but this is too much.
76C24D20-7212-463F-ABC4-A362161EBB9C.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Use some Jorba time to trim the plants that grow those.

I have had success with out them in dryer and they seem to be easier to get off. You can try tweezers. Some fabrics similar get shredded

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Duct tape might be worth a shot

FitmanNJ

I’ve found that stretching the fabric from “behind” seems to release them. Put your finger behind the target briar, push “up,” then pull it off the fabric from the other side.

Doesn’t do miracles, but seems to help.

xc62701

I’ve found that stretching the fabric from “behind” seems to release them. Put your finger behind the target briar, push “up,” then pull it off the fabric from the other side.

Doesn’t do miracles, but seems to help.
Yea that’s what I do when I actually try to get them off. There’s just so many on my local trails. I don’t even know where I get them.

Mare

Ahhhh!!! I was attacked by them at RV tonight and so was @Patrick. I said I’m just going to toss my shorts and get new ones. I hate these effers!!! But I’m really not tossing my shorts. I’m waiting for the easy removal tactic to be posted here.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was told wet them and throw in the freezer
Supposedly the fall off easly when you take them out. I never tried so your results may differ.

TomS887

Ahhhh!!! I was attacked by them at RV tonight and so was @Patrick. I said I’m just going to toss my shorts and get new ones. I hate these effers!!! But I’m really not tossing my shorts. I’m waiting for the easy removal tactic to be posted here.
That trail got us a few weeks ago. I ended up just throwing out my socks and spending hours picking them out of everything else.
PXL_20210829_134625445.MP~2.jpg

gpTron

They don't come off in the wash? I feel like the few times I get them they only really stuck to my gloves and after a wash they were gone.

Top Bottom