remember me.

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i click the remember me button every time, but the site never remembers me. i'm beginning to think the site doesn't find me cool.

ytc100

anrothar said:
i click the remember me button every time, but the site never remembers me. i'm beginning to think the site doesn't find me cool.

You got yer cookies enabled?

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i dunno, but when i log out, this site tells me that all cookies have been cleared. i couldn't find anything in the user cp to change it...

ytc100

anrothar said:
i dunno, but when i log out, this site tells me that all cookies have been cleared. i couldn't find anything in the user cp to change it...

Same thing happens to me if I log out. I guess the "remember me" checkbox is there for when you return to the site at a later time without logging out. I usually don't log out and whenever I return to the site I am logged in. Not sure how it would behave if you didn't click "remember me" when you logged in and then returned to the site at a later time without logging out.

Jason??

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Clicking "Log Out" is going to clear the cookie. That's pretty much the sole purpose of the log out. Otherwise it would have no function.

"Remember me" only pertains to keeping the cookie after you close your browser.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
anrothar said:

The way I understand these things... and Jason will correct me if I am wrong... is that the remember me checkbox is saved in a cookie. If you have cookies disabled, or you clear your cookies through Tools Options menu (Firefox, IE is slightly diff) that clears the cookie and the site won't remember you.

If the cookie remains and you checked that button, you should be logged back on automatically for a certain period of time (the cookie has an expiration date associtiated with it). Once the cookie epxires (seems to be a week or so with mtbnj) you have to re-log in.

If you're logging out, all bets are off above... you've told the site ah, I changed my mind forget about remembering me.

This isn't your e-bank site, don't logout. ;)

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
mergs said:
The way I understand these things... and Jason will correct me if I am wrong... is that the remember me checkbox is saved in a cookie. If you have cookies disabled, or you clear your cookies through Tools Options menu (Firefox, IE is slightly diff) that clears the cookie and the site won't remember you.

If the cookie remains and you checked that button, you should be logged back on automatically for a certain period of time (the cookie has an expiration date associtiated with it). Once the cookie epxires (seems to be a week or so with mtbnj) you have to re-log in.

If you're logging out, all bets are off above... you've told the site ah, I changed my mind forget about remembering me.

This isn't your e-bank site, don't logout. ;)

That's pretty much right on.

Top Bottom