Relaxing fundraiser ride

mph4fun

Fellow Mountain Bikers:

On Saturday, October 13, I am participating in the Brain Injury Association of New Jersey's (BIANJ) annual Walk for Thought/Cycle for Safety. Held at Washington Crossing State Park and along the Delaware and Raritan Canal, the Walk for Thought/Cycle for Safety helps raise funds to support the work of BIANJ while raising public awareness and celebrating the achievements of people living with brain injury. As mountain bikers we know that helmet use can greatly reduce the risk of brain injury. That is why I am seeking your support for this event.

BIANJ is a non-profit statewide membership organization dedicated to providing education, outreach, prevention, advocacy and support services to all persons affected by brain injury and to the general public. Brain injury is the leading cause of death and disability among America's youth. Each year, approximately 8,000 people are treated for traumatic brain injury in New Jersey hospitals, 1,000 of them die. In addition to providing services for the survivors, an important role of BIANJ is to raise awareness about brain injury prevention. I am a past president of BIANJ Board of Trustees and currently serve as a vice president.

During each of the past years in which I have participated in the Walk for Thought/Cycle for Safety, I have ridden at least 50 miles on my mountain bike. I would greatly appreciate if you could either join me or make a contribution to this effort.

To participate, please register at http://www.active.com/framed/event_detail.cfm?RESET=0&CHECKSSO=1&EVENT_ID=1468892

If you can not participate, but would like to help with a financial contribution, you may do so securely on-line by going to http://www.active.com/donate/BIANJ_walk_cycle/njJIndyk1. Simply enter your contribution amount, hit continue and complete the requested information.

Thank you for your consideration of supporting BIANJ's Walk for Thought/Cycle for Safety.

Back
Top Bottom