Refinancing

rlb

Probably a month or 2 late to this party but...

I reached out to my bank 2x with no response. Anyone have a good local resource for refinancing? There are any number of options online to just plug in your financial info and pray that's it's a legit operation on the other side (quicken, lending tree, bankrate, etc.). Anyone have luck with these options?

Cassinonorth

Quicken/Rocket Mortgage was stupid easy. Their portal is incredible and they're very responsive/easy to work with.

I can send you a referral code if you'd like, PM me.

kearneyb

I've closed a number of mortgages using Dan OKavage as a mortgage broker. He recently moved to florida, but is still licensed in NJ. Nice guy, straight shooter and was able to get me better rates then i could find on the big websites.

Reactions: rlb

JDurk

We reached out to our at the time current mortgage holder, no response. Tried Rocket, yes portal was easy, but got bombarded with several people contacting me and my wife through email and phone calls. Didn't lower things much either. Got a name from a co-worker of my wife, went with Weichert Financial Services in Cherry Hill office. Looks like there's locations throughout the state. Quick, easy and got a good rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: rlb

Cassinonorth

We reached out to our at the time current mortgage holder, no response. Tried Rocket, yes portal was easy, but got bombarded with several people contacting me and my wife through email and phone calls. Didn't lower things much either. Got a name from a co-worker of my wife, went with Weichert Financial Services in Cherry Hill office. Looks like there's location throughout the state. Quick, easy and got a good rate.

They are relentless if you even think about refinancing. They'll call you forever.

rlb

Thanks, lots of good info here. I just heard back from my bank ironically, will see what they come up with. I'll reach out to some of the folks mentioned here if that isn't successful/

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Be warned, once you fill out the contact info for quicken, lending tree, bankrate, etc., you will get many, many, many calls from many, many, many brokers for many, many, many weeks. Ask me how I know.

Best to reach out to local banks and credit unions yourself. Good luck.

ekuhn

Be warned, once you fill out the contact info for quicken, lending tree, bankrate, etc., you will get many, many, many calls from many, many, many brokers for many, many, many weeks. Ask me how I know.

Best to reach out to local banks and credit unions yourself. Good luck.
Its like a race to see who gets through to you first. Ive done the lending tree and the phone calls start the minute you click the contact me button.

I pit them against each other. I knew my credit score, value(s) owed, approx appraisal values. Send me what you got and the best one wins. Don't let them sell you on you need to lock in now.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here's our guy-

Edgar Tafur
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS#286761
NJ Lenders Corp.

219 Paterson Ave | Little Falls, NJ 07424

E-mail: etafur@njlenders.com Website: www.etafur.njlenders.com

Phone: NJ: 973-200-3228 NY 914-861-5870 FX 973-200-3397

Have used him for our mortgages and all the refi's.
Great to work with. And he's an mtber.
And thanks to the GameStop fiasco we were able to lock our desired rate without points.

ebineezer

Here's our guy-

Edgar Tafur
Mortgage Loan Originator NMLS#286761
NJ Lenders Corp.

219 Paterson Ave | Little Falls, NJ 07424

E-mail: etafur@njlenders.com Website: www.etafur.njlenders.com

Phone: NJ: 973-200-3228 NY 914-861-5870 FX 973-200-3397

Have used him for our mortgages and all the refi's.
Great to work with. And he's an mtber.
And thanks to the GameStop fiasco we were able to lock our desired rate without points.
We used NJ lenders too

RobW

Probably a month or 2 late to this party but...

I reached out to my bank 2x with no response. Anyone have a good local resource for refinancing? There are any number of options online to just plug in your financial info and pray that's it's a legit operation on the other side (quicken, lending tree, bankrate, etc.). Anyone have luck with these options?
Yes! My friend did mine. If you want the source I’ll post here. LMK

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In the process now doing the refi with valley and I'm going to be saving a ton of Money
Feels good, huh?
If you're not having trouble with the current payment,
think about continuing to pay that amount and set the extra to go towards principal.
Depending this can end up to be an extra payment or two per year and will shorten the term.

JDurk

Feels good, huh?
think about continuing to pay that amount and set the extra to go towards principal.
Depending this can end up to be an extra payment or two per year and will shorten the term.
That's what we're going to do. Will be slightly more than 2 payments. No trouble with current payment and it gives us a little monthly buffer if necessary.

Over the Bars

Feels good, huh?
Yeah I'm actually dropping from 30 yr fixed with 24 years left to a 15 year fixed and my payment per month is going to go up like 130 bucks more a month. So I'm going to be paying more now but save a ton on intrest.

Top Bottom