Red Bull Rampage Returns

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
linky
...Many details have yet to be finalized, but the big-mountain freeride contest that dramatically altered the freeride landscape is scheduled to return to southern Utah in early October with about two-dozen invited riders. The new contest site is near the original location, just outside the small town of Virgin, not far from Gooseberry Mesa....
_MG_61561.jpg

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
These guys are crazy skilled, and looking down those lines, more than a little plain old crazy. Then again, I am just an old guy who doesn't heal as fast, or crash as softly as I used to.

sixseven

Incredible riders. If you haven't seen the videos...check them out. It's the ULTIMATE BRO-DOWN. On a scale of 1-5 injured rad-gnar mountain bikers...this one is a 6+.

Red Bull smells like cotton candy to me and it gives me a headache but they put on some great events and this one is just awesome.

The disc with the inspiratiton/history of the event has some great interviews and footage of Wade Simmons making history.

ellbiddy

On a side note....not that I plan on hucking off cliffs, but one of these days I want to hit diablo for the first time (before it closes for the ski season which is almost as good if not better than mountain biking ;)). That stuff looks like fun and I have a blatant disregard for my own well being which should amount to fun....or a trip to the ER.

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
It's here...

I can't seem to find the TV broadcast schedule :rolleyes:

SCHEDULE
Thursday, October 2nd:
Athlete practice and course work day. Competitors will be able to walk, ride and shape sections of the course in preparation for qualifiers on Saturday.
10am - Noon: Course inspection
Noon - 5pm: Athlete practice

Friday, October 3rd:
Athlete practice and course work day. Competitors will be able to walk, ride and shape sections of the course in preparation for qualifiers on Saturday.
10am - Noon: Course inspection
Noon - 5pm: Athlete practice
8pm - 10pm: Red Bull Rampage Retrospective movie screening. Virgin Town Park, Virgin, Utah (Free and open to the public)

Saturday, October 4th:
All competitors will be given two judged runs, and the top 14 best scores from the two runs will move on to Sunday for the finals.
10am - 1pm: Qualifiers, Run 1
2:30pm - 4pm: Qualifiers, Run 2

Sunday, October 5th:
The 14 qualifiers will all be given two runs and the winner will be crowned from the best overall run scored.
9:30am - 11:30am: Athlete practice
1pm - 2:30pm: Finals, Run 1
3:30pm - 5:30pm: Finals, Run 2
Awards to immediately follow the competition at the event site.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I'm friends with Gully and Gee. On facebook.:D

I would think this is the only contest where the slopestyle guys like barrecloth and Cam ride alongside the big mountain video guys like matt hunter and vanderham as well as the world cup downhill guys like gee and cedric. pretty nutty.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
finally got around to watching some of the videos on the site....good stuff..I am glad to see that these guys have better flow then even 3 or 4 years ago....

sixseven

Some new level shit went on out there.
The stills are better than any of the video.
How much further can they go before its all tow in canyon jumping?

Top Bottom