Recycling old tubes ...

blackburn1973

Is there a process for this? I reached out to Green Guru as they seem to accept donations of inner tubes but have yet to hear back. Are there other options? I ride tubeless exclusively now but have about 20 old ones I need to get rid of. Thx

bergsnj

throw the tubes in the garbage and go tubeless. If you really wat to recycle them maybe take the to a tire store and throw them on the pile of tires in the back that will be recycled.

Kaleidopete

Capture.JPG

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
that is a good program - would be nice if they had collection centers (ie bike shops) that send them all in at once.
like car tires, a reasonable recycle fee could be charged.

one piece crank

I always wondered about spending $ on consumer products made from old inner-tubes??? I recycle tubes for all types of uses and the never last long at all, UV degradation or whatever, they all disintegrate...

blackburn1973

I currently have the Green Guru DOP kit made from old tubes and it's lasted three years. Had the wallet prior and it lasted similar amount of time so don't think durability is an issue.

blackburn1973

throw the tubes in the garbage and go tubeless. If you really wat to recycle them maybe take the to a tire store and throw them on the pile of tires in the back that will be recycled.
I have gone tubeless - just trying to get rid of a bunch of tubes that I hadn't thrown away over last several years.

Top Bottom