JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
20200526-115134-jpg.139355

How many Alpacas will that thing hold?
Asking for a friend.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@soundz thanks for the article. I spent probably an hour chatting with Crutchfield this morning and have a game plan now. Between your post, a couple of others, Crutchfield, and reading some articles I’m pretty comfortable I have some solid direction now. I will post up what there recommendations where later. Side note I’m curious about your van build.

You can pull the 2 front channels and distribute them over 6 (front rear sub) and if much hasn't changed the amp will take high(head unit speaker) signal and work fine. If not a lineout converter is an option.

Yah so my audio experience is mostly from the PA world and we were using mostly balanced cables (hot, cold, shield). When I first replied, it didn't occur to me that you could take any speaker outs and dump it into another amp (with some conversion).

2. Your payoffs for tweeters properly staged isn't worth the hassle unless you have taken other steps like deadning and other shit that isn't worth your time at this stage. When I take the doors apart I'm going to insulate them with wool and then put sound deadening around the speaker. I just have to figure out where to put the sound deadening for the speaker.

I also added some dynamat type stick ons before I put the panels back up. Some cheaper options available on Amazon.

@soundz what made you choose JBL speakers? There are so many brands out there.

As mentioned before, I come from the PA world and have used lots of JBL speakers over the years. They are reliable and have been around for ages, so know a thing or two about speaker building. TBH, I didn't put a whole lot of thinking into it. I saw some things come up for sale and just jumped on them months before I started working on my system. I'm more of the opinion that in an A/B test, I'm not guessing which speaker is which anyway, provided we are not comparing with $10 stock speakers. So really anything in my price range with solid reviews was fine by me.

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Yah so my audio experience is mostly from the PA world and we were using mostly balanced cables (hot, cold, shield). When I first replied, it didn't occur to me that you could take any speaker outs and dump it into another amp (with some conversion).

Meh I've never done it as it didn't sound as warm when I pulled high level off the rear deck. That may have been immature technology since it was the first slasher series amps.

CDR is going to have a lot of flexibility coming off a dsp so he'll be able to correct that if he experiences the same.

Rogers

Does anyone know what this wiring harness adapter is called? Is this standard in the automotive world and how do I find a plug that fits in the other end? This is a plug for pre-wired rear speakers under the drivers seat. Or maybe I just need some pinned wires to plug into the other side. If I can find something that will plug into this I will not have to cut any factory wires to do the install. I called the MB dealer and they looked but couldn't find anything. See attachments.

Attachments

• IMG-0350.jpeg
    IMG-0350.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 10

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Does anyone know what this wiring harness adapter is called? Is this standard in the automotive world and how do I find a plug that fits in the other end? This is a plug for pre-wired rear speakers under the drivers seat. Or maybe I just need some pinned wires to plug into the other side. If I can find something that will plug into this I will not have to cut any factory wires to do the install. I called the MB dealer and they looked but couldn't find anything. See attachments.

I think it's just rear speaker wiring harness. I threw in some random sprinter into the search at Crutchfield and didn't return any results. Here is one for Volkswagon for example:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
There are tools for "unpinning" the plugs, and installing them in new ones - where you own ends.

on the other hand....

1600481510063.png

Top Bottom