Recommendations on riding spots near Woodbridge, this Sunday 3/27

bmwpowere36m3

Heading down to NJ to attend Mayhem this weekend... visiting some friends in Woodbridge on the way back home. Looking for a riding spot within 45'ish minutes this Sunday (3/27). Obviously trails conditions will dictate location. Something with tech, flow, more than just plain XC.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
No preference… throw out some suggestions. Allamuchy, northern side, was on the short list. I hoped to hit Wiss while down in Medford, but that’s looking like a bust for me.

Mooch north is probably outside your 45 minute window. Are you going there & back, or there then home?

Jungle Habitat is a decent idea I think.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Not sure where you’re heading down from, but assume from this that you will be coming in from the north (NY?) If this is correct I’d recommend Sterling Forest or Ringwood. Not too far to get there off of 87. You can do on your way down to Woodbridge on 287, or on your way back. Plenty of tech and flow. Former is easy to follow as it’s basically one big loop. Latter has several sections you can link together for a mix of both. TrailForks is your friend. Good luck!

rlb

The only parks truly within 45 minutes of Woodbridge are Six Mile Run or Chimney Rock, neither of which will be rideable due to the weather.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
The only parks truly within 45 minutes of Woodbridge are Six Mile Run or Chimney Rock, neither of which will be rideable due to the weather.
Hartshorne and Allaire are less than 45 from Woodbridge, but not sure whether they'll be rideable this weekend. Round Valley is 45 minutes, rideable, but no fun.

Reactions: w_b

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
As @JimN says "Wildcat Ridge is always good". Probably more than 45min from Woodbridge but easy off I-287 to (short) I-80 and you'd have to pass right by it to get to Allamuchy.
Sourlands is also under 45min from Woodbridge but will probably be too wet.
Most NJ trails are well documented on TrailForks fyi.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I think with everything starting to bloom, trails will no longer be as wet as long as we've seen in the past month. Sunday should be mostly good everywhere I would imagine.

bmwpowere36m3

Appreciate the suggestions, while trailforks is useful... often the trail conditions are not up to date. Similar situation a couple weeks ago when I had a trip to Boston... ended up stoping at Vietnam and it was great.

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Yes, use trailforks for locating and navigating. This site is best for conditions.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Round Valley is 100% fun.
opin.jpg

Top Bottom