Recommendations on Frame damage

trailtreker

My aluminum frame (caad 4) has just experienced extensive damage (in my opinion). My right chainstay/seatstay has been bent outward about 2-3 inches. Is there anything I can do, or should I start my search for a new frame?

trailtreker

haha. guess next time i need to choose my words better.

at any rate, it was dusk and i was riding without a light (never again; if it is even 8 hours before dusk i'm bring a light). stopped short to avoid decapitating myself and to say my buddy behind me touched the brake lever would be saying to much.

BiknBen

My aluminum frame (caad 4) has just experienced extensive damage (in my opinion). My right chainstay/seatstay has been bent outward about 2-3 inches. Is there anything I can do, or should I start my search for a new frame?

Frame is toast. See a C'Dale dealer about the exchange program.

J-Dro

Is it really possible to bend a frame 2-3 inches by colliding with another bike? Hmmm. Are you sure you didn't back up into a telephone pole while mounted to your trunk mount rack?

Frank

Sasquatch
Try a 165mm hub.......nah, frame ceases to exist, it has bleeden demised...it is an ex-bicycle.

trailtreker

Is it really possible to bend a frame 2-3 inches by colliding with another bike? Hmmm. Are you sure you didn't back up into a telephone pole while mounted to your trunk mount rack?

who knows at what angle he hit me, but it bent my right chain/seat stay 2-3 inches to the right.

W

Whitex2000

The Crummy part about this whole situation is that this is the guy I used to ride with.....used to! I need to have a talk with the guy who slammed into him.

Give up the darn Cannondale yuppie F600 and get a Santa Cruz or a Turner

Frank

Sasquatch
Ah...the plot thickens. Yes that does truly suck. Hopefully this will have a happy "frame warranty" ending. Didn't mean to make light of the situation.

trailtreker

called my lbs and working to have the frame replaced under warranty.

will post some pics for the greater audience. and specifically mtbdawgJeff; no way a telephone pole could cause a chain/seatstay to bend away from the wheel.

trailtreker

The Crummy part about this whole situation is that this is the guy I used to ride with.....used to! I need to have a talk with the guy who slammed into him.

Give up the darn Cannondale yuppie F600 and get a Santa Cruz or a Turner

once a cannondale, always a cannondale.

Top Bottom