Recommend me a fun easy loop please ?

aedubber

Never been to this trail system but would love to give it a spin as its not that far from me . After my recent injury from early July i am finally back on a bike and starting from ground zero again so my fitness level on a bike is NULL :(. I been out to top of skyline and hit up some of the trails around ramapo lake and a little bit into ringwood somewhat but dont think im ready just yet for that terrain.

Looking for something that i can do without really killing myself here ... Im not a great climber either . Just looking to start with something mellow and to help me out with my fitness level and progress again... Whatever loop you guys think is work best lemme know and thank you !

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Go in, make right and climb upper Animal Chute. Tough tech climb but you gotta do it to get to the other trails (or you could just climb the road). When you get to the big parking lot, go across and find the entrance to Warthog behind the far back left corner and ride it CLOCKWISE. After you finish that loop, i can't think of anything else that's "mellow" really but Jungle is awesome and you should ride it.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
When you get to the big parking lot, go across and find the entrance to Warthog behind the far back left corner

You could probably narrow it down a bit. "the big parking lot "? :)

aedubber

OK i got what your saying .. Looking at the map tho , it seems like there is a lot of trails below the " big ASS parking lot " lol ..

GMB3 - I will try that out , well i will try and climb what i can and take a break when needed . Thx for the quick loop . How long of a ride is that normally anyways so i can know when to plan my ride ?

Mikerjr

Accomplished Skadouche
OK i got what your saying .. Looking at the map tho , it seems like there is a lot of trails below the " big ASS parking lot " lol ..

GMB3 - I will try that out , well i will try and climb what i can and take a break when needed . Thx for the quick loop . How long of a ride is that normally anyways so i can know when to plan my ride ?

Lemme know when your heading there, I've been looking for a mellow Ride through jungle and I know the place a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnionRider475

me too - I'm old and slow but I know the place

I've been out of work a couple weeks - works slow - so I've been heading there quite a bit lately .

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
If you look at the map, jungle is very easy to follow and the trails are well marked. Warthog by itself would be a real short loop but all of the other trails are pretty much tech with climbing. The little connectors around the big parking lot by the Tunnels (Rat Tail, Etc.) are mellow too but they're not really part of the main loop. I guess you can mess around in that area (between the parking lot and Otter Slide) for a while and make some small loops. Otter Slide is a helluva climb and if you go down Lower Chute to the trails down there, it's rough too.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Go in, make right and climb upper Animal Chute. Tough tech climb but you gotta do it to get to the other trails (or you could just climb the road). When you get to the big parking lot, go across and find the entrance to Warthog behind the far back left corner and ride it CLOCKWISE. After you finish that loop, i can't think of anything else that's "mellow" really but Jungle is awesome and you should ride it.

For some reason, it seems to take more effort to climb that stupid road than go up Anima Chute. As GMB says Warthog is as mellow as it gets and Otter Slide is a climb. But the good news is once you climb Otter Slide, there's a lot of techy trails up on the hill w/o having to do any major climbing.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions