Recomend Rides close to Jersey City?

urban1

Can anyone recomend good rides near Jersey City? new to the area and looking to get out and around. have a car, but don't want to spend hours getting there...

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
morris pesin drive, liberty state park mtb

Liberty State Park
Morris Pesin Drive
Jersey City
201-915-3403
1,212 acres. Visitors center, interpretive center, ferry service to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, CRRNJ Terminal, swimming pool, boating & canoeing, trailer launch, picnic area, playground, food concession, fishing & crabbing, marina. Hiking, biking, nature and fitness trails.
i was there a couple of months ago and took this pic (from ferry)

image.php

i'm not sure, but i think there is an undeveloped track of land, on one side, believe it or not this is where the morris canal begins, look for a foot bridge that crosses canal and from ther into jersey city

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can anyone recomend good rides near Jersey City? new to the area and looking to get out and around. have a car, but don't want to spend hours getting there...

For any decent riding you are going to have to drive. You won't have to drive hours but there certainly is great places to ride within a one hour drive from you. Hit the Trail Directory tab at the top of this website. Places up north like Ringwood & Mahon are worth the drive. Check the board for posts to make sure conditions are good first.

soundz

The Hat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've never been there, but you could try the I Dare You trail in Newark:

http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-new-jersey/trail/PRD_335409_4564crx.aspx

"Mostly Rocky, dirt, Rocks, beer bottles, needles, Burnt cars Crack heads, and Heroin addicts. They just opened a whole new section by the railroad tracks. It goes for about 7 miles along the other Amtrak rail passing downtown Newark which is a f*cking shit hole. There are paved roads that weave into a train tunnel full of bitches and whores. You can ride it all in an hour depending who is running after you. If you don’t peddle fast enough to you might get shot or robbed sp becareful with that. But this trail is not so bad if you ride it armed to the tip. You need flat roads when you are looking at the scenery. There is also a natural estuary with lots of birds and sea wildlife."

sixseven

Highbridge in NYC. Take the PATH over and ride up. It is a good little spin that you won't forget. For real. Check out NYCMTB.com for a trail map.

dirty bert

Banned
ride

i use to live in JC and we would drive to alot of areas. you are an hour or less to many great rides, such as Chimney Rock, Lewis Morris, Ringwood, Hartshorn, 6mile and even Cheesequake. you are centally located for riding spots.

have fun

Top Bottom