Reba 29er Suspension Fork

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
I think for light weight riders the Reba is a better option. The fork has a dual air spring unlike a Fox fork. When a fox fork is set at a low air pressure, it will not fully extend because the negative spring is too strong. Since your no light weight, this does not apply to you. :p

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
late to the party... but i'm running a reba race on my niner mcr (XL size).

i love the bike, but the fork, i'm not entirely thrilled about. it gets the job done mostly, but it flexes (6'4", i was at 195 for a while, now finally back down to 180-185 after some riding). and after riding it for about a year, i think i'm going to run it into the ground this season and pick up something new at the end of the season.

i'm gonna try the fox out if it fits the bike and if they come in 80mm (i haven't looked into it much obviously)... but the one thing i hear about the fox is that it can feel a bit pogo-like on climbs, which i am not too entirely thrilled about hearing... but i can probably dial it in nice and stiff.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
I don't know how the piece of crap got put into production.

Because it was better than the even flexier marzocchi that Fisher was using before it. ;)

The fork has a dual air spring unlike a Fox fork. When a fox fork is set at a low air pressure, it will not fully extend because the negative spring is too strong.

Aah, yes, the Reba's negative air spring... there's never been an easier way to convert your 100mm fork to 90mm! Just set the shock pressure to provide you with a decently active fork, and voila! 10mm of travel automatically disappears! ;)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
late to the party... but i'm running a reba race on my niner mcr (XL size).

i love the bike, but the fork, i'm not entirely thrilled about. it gets the job done mostly, but it flexes (6'4", i was at 195 for a while, now finally back down to 180-185 after some riding). and after riding it for about a year, i think i'm going to run it into the ground this season and pick up something new at the end of the season.

i'm gonna try the fox out if it fits the bike and if they come in 80mm (i haven't looked into it much obviously)... but the one thing i hear about the fox is that it can feel a bit pogo-like on climbs, which i am not too entirely thrilled about hearing... but i can probably dial it in nice and stiff.

They come in both 80mm and 100mm. They can be convertedback and fourth too. This is the only fork that can go both ways in their line.

(let the both ways jokes begin...Now!)

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
They come in both 80mm and 100mm. They can be convertedback and fourth too. This is the only fork that can go both ways in their line.

(let the both ways jokes begin...Now!)

dude - this fork sounds better and better and better everyday.

any chance we can see a vid showing how it can go 'both ways'? :D

with the offset screw with a niner frame as far as clearance and stuff goes?

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy

This month's review in Dirt Rag say the 100 can be tuned down to 80 but the 80 cannot be tuned up. Otherwise they'd just be the same fork I reckon.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
This month's review in Dirt Rag say the 100 can be tuned down to 80 but the 80 cannot be tuned up. Otherwise they'd just be the same fork I reckon.

I read that too so I called to confirm it.

The rep at fox told me that this is the only fork in the line that can go both ways.

Words right from the horses ass.

bozizle

Reba vs Fox

I have tried the 06 and 07 Reba and they have good compression but anyone over a ceratin weight and stregth ratio is going to notice how flexy and unstable the fork can be under heavy loads. Once I tried the F29 I was blown away by how much stiffer and nicer the fork rides and tracks under serious loads. The only gripe I have is that Fox needs to figure out a handle bar lockout that l oved using on the Reba.

Top Bottom