Rear hub skewer

M

Mike_S

Hey all new to this site and I have a question. Was riding today at 6 mile and blew out my tire. Fixed the tire on the trail and when I was tightening the rear skewer it bent and stripped now I need to find a new one does anyone know a good one and what size to get? Its a new specialized rockhopper expert disc any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
Mike

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
Ask someone you ride with if they have a spare. I have a few about, and if you need, will give you one. Another idea is, ask at the local bike shop. Maybe they have an old one laying about cheap. They are not too expensive new, so you will probably be good to go with a little asking around. Good luck, and welcome to the site.

M

Mike_S

No nobody I ride with has one. I was looking around but they seem to be all different sizes maybe I'll just bring the rim back to the bike shop and see if they have any. Thanks for the help.

J-7

I'm fairly certain that all you have to ask for is a front or rear skewer (mountain bike, of course).

Shaggz

A strong 7
IME, it is worth spending extra $$ for better sewers. I've had the nylon bushing on the clamp/handle side deform on 2 sets of skewers. Over time, the skewer would eventually come loose, creating a dangerous situation. Currently, I'm using the skewers that came with my Mavic wheelset, and have not had any problems. I've also been very satisfied with with the Salsa Flip Off. Hopes and Shimano XT skewers seem real popular, as well.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard...I think all LBS's should have skewer's they should not be that expensive..good luck

M

Mike_S

Thanks for all the help everyone, I just ordered a pair of Salsa stainles steel skewers from universalcycles.com

Top Bottom