RE-LABEL MONMOUTH COUNTY PARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under forums/trail talk/central jersey/ we have separate sections listed for Hartshorne, Tatum, Thompson.Etc..etc.. Can we create a main folder and label in Monmouth County Parks, and then in their a section for each park? This way I can post the trail dates for each park under the respective listed park and not just in Hartshorne woods section? It would also help people find all the Monmouth County Parks in one section rather then all over the current section.

upload_2015-3-23_12-0-31.png

The below list reflects the park that allow biking. Now please be aware not all of these are off-road, and some are only a mile or two in length and paved or gravel, please research the parks before you deiced to travel to them.

Big Brook Park
Clayton Park - 6 miles of multi use trails
Charleston Springs Golf Course
Dorbrook Recreation Area -2.3 mile paved loop multi use trail
Hartshorne Woods Park-over 14 miles of Multi Use trails
Henry Hudson Trail-24 mile paved multi use trail
Holmdel Park -9.49 miles of multi use Cyclists and equestrians are asked to use the trails in the trails Ramenessin section but must remain on the roads in the Northern portion in this popular park

Manasquan Reservoir -5-mile perimeter trail
Shark River Park -8.27 miles of trails
Tatum Park - 6.3 miles of multi use trails
Thompson Park - 4.9 mil paved trail and some off-road trails,
Turkey Swamp Park -9.15 miles of multi use trails
Union Transportation Trail - 8.6 miles of paved/gravel once completed
Weltz Park

Last edited:

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
@MikeyonaBikey I see you list biking as being allowed at Charleston Springs(Stonebridge trails). The park map says walking trails? Also I don't see Hominy Hill Park listed for biking. I thought that was biking as well? Thanks!

Mitch, you can reference this web link for all MCPS parks that allow biking. Some of these trails might be paved or gravel road, hominy hill doesn't allow it that's what i have been told.. PoorIggy is the manager at charelston springs course that has a biking trail around it , you can clarify with him if need be.
also Huber woods technically doesn't allow mounting biking either, its just not published. and doesn't show biking on the below link.

http://www.monmouthcountyparks.com/page.aspx?ID=2496

Thanks
Mike

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
PoorIggy is the manager at charelston springs course that has a biking trail around it , you can clarify with him if need be
I can confirm this.
@MikeyonaBikey , how many MCPS parks are getting TM this year? I know I should have this schedule somewhere but I can't find it in my emails. My guess is Hartshorne/Huber and Shark River?

While the Park System may have a lot of parks that allow cycling, I'm not sure we want to name everyone in the forums. For example Charleston does have about 2-3 miles of trails but given its small size and the fact that TM is never performed here its probably not worth a listing. Locals know the park exists and may take a spin over there once in awhile but someone is not going to drive 45 minutes to check out the trails.

[QUOTE
While the Park System may have a lot of parks that allow cycling, I'm not sure we want to name everyone in the forums. For example Charleston does have about 2-3 miles of trails but given its small size and the fact that TM is never performed here its probably not worth a listing. Locals know the park exists and may take a spin over there once in awhile but someone is not going to drive 45 minutes to check out the trails.[/QUOTE]

who wouldn't want to take a nice stroll around Charleston springs :)
yeah i know iggy, i merely posted the parks so others can see we do work at other locations every year depending if the park manager wants us their. Hint..Hint.. :)

I would like to see my recommendation listed and changed, and then we can place up the key parks everyone knows of like Hartshorne, Huber,thompson, or the park that we will visit for TM in 2015 etc.etc.

If we want to get technical on what is allowed or whats available if they deiced to take my suggestion then i will post in each individual park a link to that respective parks trails. i don't want to derail from my original post and that is asking to change up how the MCPS parks sections is shown.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
with that list #biyf2015 would have been a totally different outcome...... :D

TimBay

Huber allows biking on the multi use trails listed in the lower section. Also don't see a point separating Hart's/Huber since they're basically the same location.

Screenshot_2020-02-16-22-05-23.png

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
I prefer the flat listing rather than a tree/folder approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom