rcommendations

rayder

my fiance is looking for a new mountainbike. Her entry level ($400.00 28 lb.) hardtail has had it. We would like to find a sub 28lb full suspension for her to race on that costs in the 2 grand range. Any suggestions or reviews would be appreciated. By the way she is 5'2'" and her current bike is WS size 15

mcw

Hi, I am also 5'2". I owned a Titus Racer X size XXS. When I was looking for a full suspension bike, I couldn't find something I felt comfortable and fit. I did a bit of research and found Titus Women MTB. It costs a bit more than 2k. I paid around 2.5k with all basic needs. I like it alot.

Hope this help.

MC :)

rayder

thanks

we were actually looking at that bike. very impressed with their website. how much does your bike weigh? I'm sorry is it proper to ask a woman how much her bike weighs?

mcw

I am not sure what is the exact weight. I guess is around 21-22 lbs since I can lift it up to my roof rack.

ellenserruto

Check out the cannondale rush size petite. I started out on one and the fit was great. I'm not sure about the weight. . . can never be too cautious around women when discussing age or weight!

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
At 5'2" you might be wise to concentrate on a 3"- 4" travel FS. Once you start getting into longer travel, standover could become an issue, as well as too heavy.

Many brands make something in a small size. A good fit is key, and just b/c it's women's specific does not mean it will fit better. A good local bike shop can help find you a good fit.

Top Bottom