Raystown Parking

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I’ve never been to Raystown. But I just wanted to say that I love sheetz.
Sheetz started to take over in the early-mid 90’s and they built this gigantic one in york, had the made to order on the computer, seemed like the future. Kinda surprising how long it took WAWA to catch up and that still can’t compete in sheetz territory

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
From this:

I would park at the skills park if you want to do the whole thing. You can hit the whole park in a day but it's a big day. I have to say I seem to remember the park being bigger than this map, but I'm old and my memory fails me.

That lower left loop: not sure either direction is better. Just wing it.

On the right side, just hit Ray's Revenge from right-to-left on that map. That's from top to bottom. Also hit Hydra in the CCW direction. Sidewinder top to bottom is necessary as well.

If you split the park in 2, that right side would be best in this sort of order:

Buck
Allie
Grippis
Ridge
Ray's Revenge
Sidewinder-to-Osprey
Hydra CCW
Eagle
Sleek Dog
Fawn
Buck to the parking lot

Osprey might be worth going from the top, but it's been too long, I don't recall.

Stony connects the 2 parking lots. There are pretty much no rocks in the whole park with the exception of that trail. And suddenly it's like ALL THE ROCKS ARE HERE then gone.

Let us know how it goes. Been a few years so I am curious if the trails are being maintained there or not.
@Norm thanks for the tips. I just had your list in my pocket and didn't even need to look at a map. Trails were in great shape, looks like they are being well maintained. Had a blast.

GSTim

Formerly M3Tim
Some pics.
IMG_20211110_130953077.jpg
IMG_20211110_130927924_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211109_122236258_HDR.jpg

xc62701

After being at Raystown, and having a good time and all, I'm still gonna find it hard to pass State College if I'm in the area. The amount of rock, climbing, and endless options are just too good to pass by. If you're doing a bunch of days in the area, Raystown would be a great destination to work in.

krink

Eddie Munster
Huntingdon is 20 min away and is "cute". I was a bit surprised that the town had some nice cafe's and such. Mind you, the peeps are pure central PA, so definitely people watch at Sheetz for a few min.
As a person who grew up in central PA, I resemble that remark. And Sheetz rulez.

onetracker

After being at Raystown, and having a good time and all, I'm still gonna find it hard to pass State College if I'm in the area. The amount of rock, climbing, and endless options are just too good to pass by. If you're doing a bunch of days in the area, Raystown would be a great destination to work in.
Agree. I camped in and rode Coopers Gap for three days. Did Raystown as a day trip and rode the whole thing. Incredible week of fall riding!

Top Bottom