Rays? NJ? WTF?

that would be awesome if it happens. winters will be a totally different ball game for me.

You beat me to it. Ray's in Newark would be f'n awesome. I had heard they were looking for a new spot in the Northeast and last I heard was CT. But Newark would be a smart place - I could see that place getting a TON of people from the tri-state area. I'd like to hear a confirmation on it before I get too excited tho.

hopefully it comes together better than thant xanadu thing. I would be cool to have the option to ride(bike) and ride(snowboard) year round

Holy shit that would be epic!

WERD!

I had been discussing something like this with several interested parties (of means) over the past 18 months (completely hypothetical scenarios) but I guess that ship has sailed...

true story

a few years ago i told him he should look in newark for cheap warehouse space to open in the ny area. at the time he said he didn't want to expand

i take credit for this one anyways

If it's in Newark, i'd totally get a season pass! I'd be there every freaking day in the winter. This is especially awesome after the winter we've had this year.

well those sites dont have a shortage of prejudicial and idiotic, do they?
Its not like you would be going to be in Newark at 3 am, during the day you are as safe as anywhere, well at least from muggings and the like. Why would you leave a bike outside while you go inside at an indoor bike park? Its hard to ride the bike if its still outside.

good to hear and I will try to be optimistic about it but one thing I will note is that even in the slums/old industrial areas of newark, cost per square foot is exponential over anywhere in the midwest.

It also depends on where in Newark....

I was a night shift operater in Newark for a few years. I'd go into Ironbound at 3 am for dinner, and lots of the industrial sections are ghost towns during off business hours.

Newark isnt that bad, I used to score there at 3am and never got shot. Once you learn how to acknowledge a gangsters presence by tipping your head slightly up and to the side without making any vocal contact your safe. Its when you try to act 'hood' that your be in trouble. And the best way to deal with panhadlers is to offer them a sandwich, they hate that.

White folks see the name Newark and automatically think they are going to get murdered. I've worked in and around Newark for over 10 years with never any major problems. This would be great if it all comes together.

and who cares about Fl, they need some good outdoor riding before they worry about indoor riding. Does winter really make riding in Fl difficult or is the constant rain that so many were harping on getting a Rays that would benefit the appendix-like state?

Back
Top Bottom