Rattlesnake Trail Damage / Trail Expansion?

BAIN

Normally I am paying more attention to my line going in either direction on this section of the red trail, but today feeling a little lazy after Memorial Day events my girlfriend and I decided to just walk the red loop. While walking on this section of the loop I noticed an ever growing amount of unnecessary trail widening to make easier lines? WTF is that all about? I noticed that some people have tried to branch off/block some of these new sections, but they look pretty worn in. I don't know if there is a group of people that are trying to take the easy way out riding this section, but it is a little disturbing to me and I was wondering what we can do about it. It isn't like the original lines are unmakeable. Is this something that should be stopped or is this just the way things are? Not trying to sound to snotty, but I thought these are the things that we are supposed to avoid!

Your thoughts?

xc62701

It's people trying to make the trails easier by going around the obstacles. I say we put nails and razor blades all in the easier lines....that'll fix em...

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions