Raritan 911: Robocop

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I saw that story last night. That's what I call Community Policing: Asking for day-drinkers on Facebook.

thegock

Here’s a good story.

You may remember that the attendant at the Speedway gas station convenience store at the intersection of Amboy and Woodbridge (514) Aves. was shot to death during a robbery at 4am December 20th. The doer was masked and ran a couple of blocks to a getaway car and there was no progress on the investigation for weeks.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...speedway-gas-station-amboy-avenue/2373539002/

It turns out that the 38 year old attendant had the same name as a friend of mine from eight years of grammar school, who I had also worked with for a year at my first “real” job when they opened up the Dunkin’ Donuts at Amboy and King George Aves. in Fords, eight blocks away. The attendant’s father, who I knew really well back in the day, had died of stomach cancer a year ago unbeknownst to me. It was his son who was shot to death.

RIP, JB, miss you more than the rest. JB "Bertie" was a good worker, like his son. Also, a better donut flipper than me.

My parents still live about four blocks away so I had more than a passing interest in this story. Fast forward to January 4th:

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article223915555.html

They got them!

Back story: The doer celebrated the New Year in the traditional idiot fashion by beating the crap out of his girlfriend. The girlfriend called the cops and told them that the boyfriend was the doer. Shortly thereafter, they were both in custody.

Middlesex County's not a criminal friendly venue, so I expect they will be serving long sentences.

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here’s a good story.

You may remember that the attendant at the Speedway gas station convenience store at the intersection of Amboy and Woodbridge (514) Aves. was shot to death during a robbery at 4am December 20th. The doer was masked and ran a couple of blocks to a getaway car and there was no progress on the investigation for weeks.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...speedway-gas-station-amboy-avenue/2373539002/

It turns out that the 38 year old attendant had the same name as a friend of mine from eight years of grammar school, who I had also worked with for a year at my first “real” job when they opened up the Dunkin’ Donuts at Amboy and King George Aves. in Fords, eight blocks away. The attendant’s father, who I knew really well back in the day, had died of stomach cancer a year ago unbeknownst to me. It was his son who was shot to death.

RIP, JB, miss you more than the rest. JB "Bertie" was a good worker, like his son. Also, a better donut flipper than me.

My parents still live about four blocks away so I had more than a passing interest in this story. Fast forward to January 4th:

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article223915555.html

They got them!

Back story: The doer celebrated the New Year in the traditional idiot fashion by beating the crap out of his girlfriend. The girlfriend called the cops and told them that the boyfriend was the doer. Shortly thereafter, they were both in custody.

Middlesex County's not a criminal friendly venue, so I expect they will be serving long sentences.

Sad story but thankfully criminals are dumb, impulsive mutherfuckers.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
For a goose??
Shouldn't that be a form of population control/Darwinism?
It's supposed to warm up Sunday anyway.
Damn sky rats getting saved in the ice.

However, they are doing better than the Carson's out in Toledo, play with sound:

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
per the pdf on nj.gov DEP website
https://www.nj.gov/dep/enforcement/idling_fact_sheet_1.pdf

May idle for up to 15 consecutive minutes when the vehicle has been stopped for 3 or more hours and ONLY if temperature is <25 degrees F

methinks noone is going to bother you for warming up the car.

i am cheap tho, so i only warm up when i need the windows defrosted . . . wastes gas and accelerates wear to idle a cold engine excessively, better to drive it gently till it warms up . . .

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
@Carson Regarding the 3 minute idle law.
Have you or do you know of anyone writing a ticket for someone warming up their car in their driveway?

Me? Absolutely not. I'm not getting out of my warm patrol car to break your balls.

We have had 2 stolen vehicles in 2019, however, which were taken while the owner started them up and left them idling. If you do so, carry a second key and lock that car up if you can!

The only douche I've ever known to issue summonses for this was the old, old Chief of South Bound Brook. He used to run through the apartments in the morning and leave summonses on windshields. He was a peach.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Me? Absolutely not. I'm not getting out of my warm patrol car to break your balls.

We have had 2 stolen vehicles in 2019, however, which were taken while the owner started them up and left them idling. If you do so, carry a second key and lock that car up if you can!

The only douche I've ever known to issue summonses for this was the old, old Chief of South Bound Brook. He used to run through the apartments in the morning and leave summonses on windshields. He was a peach.

i wonder what they would say about our new neighbor, who idles two remote start cycles before going anywhere, all year round . . . . . kinda confusing IMO, why run it so long and why in the spring/fall, and event he summer(it takes less than 5 min for the a/c to cool the cabin, if your that much of a wimp you cant open the windows for 2 minutes)

mwlikesbikes

I didn’t think you’d be doing that, but 101.5 won’t let the story go about that law so I was wondering if anyone has or known anyone that’s gotten busted for this.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
@Carson hitting that early season bike cop tech training
giphy.gif

Top Bottom