Raritan 911: Robocop

Tim

aka sptimmy43
You do realize that the point of utilizing your firearm is to stop a deadly threat, correct? Until the threat is no longer active, you keep shooting. Hollow points do expand slightly and chances are, you will have to shoot less for more effectiveness. If someone is worried about how much damage a bullet is going to do to someone who is attacking them, they probably should not be carrying a firearm to begin with. You shoot to stop the threat, no more.
Hollow points reduce the risk of overpenetration and hitting people or things that are not your target. They expand and stop (think parachute) in your target and don't continue on to kill little Johnny playing in his bedroom down the block. The lethality of them is not the primary reason for using them.

mtn

Hollow points reduce the risk of overpenetration and hitting people or things that are not your target. They expand and stop (think parachute) in your target and don't continue on to kill little Johnny playing in his bedroom down the block. The lethality of them is not the primary reason for using them.
Yes, also positives of hollow points. Though I thought it was the other way around and that the lesser penetration/drag was just a side effect.

Captain Brainstorm

So a handgun with 15 rounds is considered high capacity? Do they sell 10 rounds magazines then for guns that usually can take 15? Can you carry 2 guns? Asking for a friend that is thinking about getting some...

You cannot carry a gun or have more than a 10rd mag in NJ unless you’re a criminal, in which case you can carry whatever you want. You will go to jail in NJ for carrying a gun unless you’re a criminal, in which case you’ll get off on a technicality because racism and social justice.

Tim

aka sptimmy43
Yes, also positives of hollow points. Though I thought it was the other way around and that the lesser penetration/drag was just a side effect.
I guess it depends on your mindset.
You cannot carry a gun or have more than a 10rd mag in NJ unless you’re a criminal, in which case you can carry whatever you want. You will go to jail in NJ for carrying a gun unless you’re a criminal, in which case you’ll get off on a technicality because racism and social justice.
Truth. Sadly.

jnos

So if you have a 15 rd mag, it's illegal, which makes you a criminal, thus making it fine because criminals will get off on a technicality? Did i get that right?

Tim

aka sptimmy43
So if you have a 15 rd mag, it's illegal, which makes you a criminal, thus making it fine because criminals will get off on a technicality? Did i get that right?

No. If your only crime is having an illegal magazine because you are not a career criminal and you don't have a laundry list of other charges with which to bargain a plea you'll just get the mandatory minimum 5 years in state prison.

Captain Brainstorm

Well, the law states that you need to either destroy or turn in your old 15rd magazines. Since exactly zero have been turned in to date, we now have millions of new criminals in NJ. If all were arrested at once, it should clog up our court system for years. I just find this all ironic because the mantra of all the gun control advocates is "but we're not trying to take your guns", but this law kind of shows otherwise. Yes, they are trying to take legally purchased guns back, one little piece at a time.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
it just occurred to me that Sean is playing thread police :D

I think what he meant is the @Carson should post another story to interrupt the current news cycle.
Isn't that how it works these days?

Are officer millenial and officer animal control a thing yet?

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
it just occurred to me that Sean is playing thread police :D

I think what he meant is the @Carson should post another story to interrupt the current news cycle.
Isn't that how it works these days?

Are officer millenial and officer animal control a thing yet?

LOL no the ACO moved out of the area and Officer Millennial has moved on. His heart broken worse than that dove's wing.

don't misconstrue the reasons an officer uses them, vs a criminal.

Yeah! I carry them because they hand me a box each spring and say, "Here. This is your duty ammo." The decision making process is probably a split among limiting liability (that's really why we carry hollowpoints) for unintended targets, stopping power, and whatever is cheapest on state bid that year.

I'm back to work tonight and the heat is still on. Maybe they'll be some more turtle-related crimes.

Top Bottom