Raritan 911: Robocop

JDurk

Growing up, the police officer in my town attempted to shoot the deer, missed and the round ricocheted through someone’s window, I think he is only allowed to use nitestick after that.
I have a friend, who's now a retired PA trooper, that told me a story from his 1st year. Out on patrol in very rural part of Chester County, came upon a family pulled over by a deer that had been hit, not by them. They asked if he would help it, which of course he said yes. They all get back in the car and while driving away, pulls out his .357 and takes care of business. He looks to the rear window of the car and the 2 kids each have both hands on the window, silently yelling.....NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I have a friend, who's now a retired PA trooper, that told me a story from his 1st year. Out on patrol in very rural part of Chester County, came upon a family pulled over by a deer that had been hit, not by them. They asked if he would help it, which of course he said yes. They all get back in the car and while driving away, pulls out his .357 and takes care of business. He looks to the rear window of the car and the 2 kids each have both hands on the window, silently yelling.....NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Happens all the time. People ask us to take the deer to the vet, ask if they can take it home to recooperate. A few times a year we show up and someone is stroking the deer in their lap, bottle feeding it, wrapping it in a blanket, etc.

I had one struck during rush hour on 202 once and it kept kicking at me. I couldn't get it pulled off the road and I couldn't shoot it in the roadway. The pointy end of a halligan bar to the skull did the trick, but a few people called later to complain about me. Nothing like popping a deer's eyes out of it's skill in front of all the soccer moms. I'll miss the good times!

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Happens all the time. People ask us to take the deer to the vet, ask if they can take it home to recooperate. A few times a year we show up and someone is stroking the deer in their lap, bottle feeding it, wrapping it in a blanket, etc.

I had one struck during rush hour on 202 once and it kept kicking at mee. I couldn't get it pulled off the road and I couldn't shoot it in the roadway. The pointy end of a halligan bar to the skull did the trick, but a few people called later to complain about me. Nothing like popping a deer's eyes out of it's skill in front of all the soccer moms. I'll miss the good times!

people bring starlings to the bird place.....i bet they feed them to the raptors.

rick81721

Lothar
Hey what's the dealio with all the state troopers on 202 between Flemington and Pennsy? There seems to be between 2 and 4 SUVs at any time, they are constantly whipping across the grass median to nail someone. Lost revenue??

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey what's the dealio with all the state troopers on 202 between Flemington and Pennsy? There seems to be between 2 and 4 SUVs at any time, they are constantly whipping across the grass median to nail someone. Lost revenue??

Easy pickings. That's the Hunterdon Autobahn. Everyone coming south opens it up after all the traffic lights in Flemington. It could also be because that I chase the Triangle Gang out of Raritan Township anytime they come up our way...we have it covered here, Troop, go play in cow country.

its click it or ticket month

Yes and no. The 202 corridor provides activity. It's better than driving around Bethlehem/Alexandria/Union Townships and not seeing humans for hours on end.

rick81721

Lothar
Easy pickings. That's the Hunterdon Autobahn. Everyone coming south opens it up after all the traffic lights in Flemington. It could also be because that I chase the Triangle Gang out of Raritan Township anytime they come up our way...we have it covered here, Troop, go play in cow country.

The triangle gang - saw them busy yesterday during my ride on zion road and hollow watching guys working on trees. I suppose they were also directing traffic.

North of us the bridgewater cops (are there branchburg cops?) are all over 202 as well - those fricken unmarked white SUVs.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
are there branchburg cops?

Oh yeah - there were 10 marked white SUV type things in lot (cop shop?) yesterday morning.
and one larger blueish-grey one. They are hard at work keeping our taxes down.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The triangle gang - saw them busy yesterday during my ride on zion road and hollow watching guys working on trees. I suppose they were also directing traffic.

North of us the bridgewater cops (are there branchburg cops?) are all over 202 as well - those fricken unmarked white SUVs.

Going north you have Readington then Branchburg. So probably Branchburg. They are a very young PD again and pretty active.

rick81721

Lothar
Dunno. I haven't seen him either. Or Dad's McLaren. I'll cruise past the house next week when I'm back at work.

Just saw a cruise of really nice cars heading north on 31. Led by a blue McLaren. Is that the doc? No gold GT-R but 3rd in line was a brand new blue Porsche - missed the model. Also a GT3 RS and a Ferrari in the cruise.

Top Bottom