random people following on strava why? or wierdest request to follow on strava

Robin

II actually don't go on Strava anymore but I have my privacy settings pretty high. I don't accept followers I don't know. Unfortunately some people stalk and are nosey.

rick81721

Lothar
i have my account set so you have to request to follow me, mostly because i dont want people i dont know seeing where i ride (specifically when i ride at work)

lhagUI.gif

gpTron

My privacy settings are set to private to avoid getting that embarrassing local legend badge so that means I usually don't get any likes. I am part of the MTBNJ group though so I guess that explains the random likes here and there.

Andypowerful

I will sometimes connect with someone I meet on a trail during a ride or group ride so I can see other places to ride. I get follow requests from random people that give me kudos and I usually don't accept.

jackx

can we use this thread to remind people to update their ride titles again? it's about that time
This is a helpful reminder for us all to improve on. Add this to the list of shitty things that happened in 2020.

I seem to forget that my ride titles should have a snappy description about how my derailleur shifts gears about as well as someone can chew with their mouth over-filled with Swedish Fish.

iman29

Like almost right on cue this showed up in my Inbox just now.

I have no idea who this is or why he wants to follow me. So I clicked on View Profile just to see maybe he follows someone that I do and he basically follows all the former road pros on Strava like Levi Leipheimer, Ted king. Phil Gaimon and the douche bag Lance.

I also see in his follow list he has like 15 family members also on strava which is weird too. And a really nice 2020
Madone and a wife and 2 dogs ...

Oops now I’m a stalker too. Rejected.

And This is why I have my profile secured.

30A3CEB8-01B6-4337-AA21-052879EDB928.jpeg

rick81721

Lothar
Like almost right on cue this showed up in my Inbox just now.

I have no idea who this is or why he wants to follow me. So I clicked on View Profile just to see maybe he follows someone that I do and he basically follows all the former road pros on Strava like Levi Leipheimer, Ted king. Phil Gaimon and the douche bag Lance.

I also see in his follow list he has like 15 family members also on strava which is weird too. And a really nice 2020
Madone and a wife and 2 dogs ...

Oops now I’m a stalker too. Rejected.

And This is why I have my profile secured.

View attachment 145062

I still don't get why guys care who is following them? Afraid of getting stalked? Really?? The only thing that concerns me is how many I follow. I keep it low so my feed doesn't get clogged with too much nonsense.

Top Bottom