Random Musings, Helpful Hints & Pearls of Wisdom

SpartaBard

I also carry an extra hanger, plus a hand pump in addition to my CO2. I also have my leatherman and a small adjustable wrench.

Maurice

This is the only Fault i can find with the ENO. I am not sure that a sliding dropout will move forward enough to allow for one full less link. One link is almost an inch.

Sucks getting stranded that far...

I had that happen once and was able to complete my ride by moving the wheel forward.
Another time on the road I had no such luck. Fortunately I was only a couple miles from home.
BTW if you have a SRAM quick link (or whatever they're called) you don't need the special shimano pin that always ends up dropped in the leaves anyway :)

I now never leave home on the singlespeed without a multi-tool and a few links. The links are actually taped underneath the saddle so I never forget them

Maurice

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, when you ride with me, you will all be saved b/c i carry one of just about everything. that's the joy of being 230. extra ounces don't count. in my camel back i have:

leatherman
topeak alien
mini pump
extra tube
tube patch kit (just in case i blow out the spare...right heythorp!)
ten yards of twine
duct tape
tire levers
gu
shot blox
waterproof matches
zip ties (9" & 11")
GPS (on the bars)
lip balm.
two things of tylenol. probably expired.

soon to be added:
"throw away" cell phone
chain stuff...b/c it is just a matter of time with me

i'll have to look b/c i'm pretty sure i'm missing a few things. :D

SpartaBard

Can we come up with a list of items that people should carry with them on a typical ride and sticky it?

I would probably recommend breaking it down into a couple categories i.e.,

Essential for everyone:
Recommended:
If you have extra room:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, when you ride with me, you will all be saved b/c i carry one of just about everything. that's the joy of being 230. extra ounces don't count. in my camel back i have:

leatherman
topeak alien
mini pump
extra tube
tube patch kit (just in case i blow out the spare...right heythorp!)
ten yards of twine
duct tape
tire levers
gu
shot blox
waterproof matches
zip ties (9" & 11")
GPS (on the bars)
lip balm.
two things of tylenol. probably expired.

soon to be added:
"throw away" cell phone
chain stuff...b/c it is just a matter of time with me

i'll have to look b/c i'm pretty sure i'm missing a few things. :D

MIght want to get rid of everything and add:

-Folding Bike.

J-Dro

One thing I always try to keep in my Camelback...

A few chocolate covered expresso beans.:D I know too many of these aren't good for your endurance but we all have our vices right?

ArmyOfNone

i had the same type of epiphany when j was telling his tale.

always carry a tube, powerbar, some sorta gel , multi tool, tire levers and 2 CO2 cartriges

Now I will carry a chaintool, and some links. I think ill need some patches also.

i have found a nice pouch to fit it all in my jersey pocket. Debating if i should ditch the camelback and ride w/two water bottles. Good idea? bad idea?

heythorp

i had the same type of epiphany when j was telling his tale.

always carry a tube, powerbar, some sorta gel , multi tool, tire levers and 2 CO2 cartriges

Now I will carry a chaintool, and some links. I think ill need some patches also.

i have found a nice pouch to fit it all in my jersey pocket. Debating if i should ditch the camelback and ride w/two water bottles. Good idea? bad idea?

there was this conversation a few months ago, i ended up ditching the pack but only because the weather cooled down, as it heats up and rides are longer, goiong to need water in the pack and a bottle of heed.

i have evreything in a small saddle pack. would like to know more about this pouch you speak of for your jersey pocket

ArmyOfNone

there was this conversation a few months ago, i ended up ditching the pack but only because the weather cooled down, as it heats up and rides are longer, goiong to need water in the pack and a bottle of heed.

i have evreything in a small saddle pack. would like to know more about this pouch you speak of for your jersey pocket

what is heed? i dont think i have heard of it.

I was trying to find a way to not have stuff rattling around in my jersey when im road riding. At the shop they have a kit that comes with all you would need for tire repair. It all came bound up in this cute lil pouch!

its like a 3x5 pouch or so i think. I have a topeak multitool (the tiny one), and a blackburn chaintool, that is pretty small itself and attached are some tire levers. all the rest zips in quite nicely. I got lucky and found it laying around the shop. Im hoping to come across another so i can mayb store some food and goodies.

if youd like when im back home i can take a pic of it for you. or we can meet up and ride together! (a better idea!)

Top Bottom