Rampage!!!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I don't remember there being much wood in the past, at least since 2016 anyways:

The riders chose their own lines down the mountain and spend a week leading up to the event digging and shaping. The new rules from last year, means that a rider is allowed a team of two diggers to help him, but isn’t allowed any power tools or external material,except for sand bags. The teams are allowed three days of digging and an additional four days with the bike, testing and reshaping lines and jumps.

Some All of the lines at the new venue are insanity.

oobaa47

Over the past few years, it's been trending towards more of a slopestyle type course with lots of wooden features. But I think, starting last year, there's been a movement to get back to how it was when it first started, much more raw and focusing more on the terrain vs the wooden features.....vitalmtb and pinkbike already have some amazing video footage out.....

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
This event is always a season highlight to watch for me. If you don't get to watch it live on Redbull TV, they usually play it on NBC or NBC Sports sometime in the weeks following.

Ian F

Some of the drops they're hitting this year are insane. 55 feet? :oops:

I'll be travelling this evening, so I'll probably watch the replay tomorrow morning. If I'm lucky I won't find out the winner on social media (not likely).

oobaa47

If you find the replay link, can you forward it? I'm going on a electronic blackout because I don't want to find out who won.....

oobaa47

I'm actually getting queasy watching this......some of the spouses are actually crying after the riders make it down...... This is just so far beyond my comprehension of what is possible on two wheels.......

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Jeez, the replay is 4 hours of coverage!?! I got through the first hour last night. Wow, i can't believe that Polish guy got up from that huge overclear on the first run of the day, let alone finishing his run with tricks thrown in. And the young Spanish rookie's first run was sick until his fall. So fast and so fearless.

Ian F

Yeah... over 4 hours... bearing in mind it was broadcast live, so.

That Polish kid's crash was insane. The fall into the gully literally pulled his helmet off (I'm surprised the announcers didn't mention it).

I would swear there were more falls during runs this year than the last two or three combined. It seems the rain was definitely a double-edged sword. While it gave them added water and good dirt to build, there were comments about losing a day of practice was rough and a lot of guys weren't able to dial there lines in as well as they normally would. We can guarantee there will be some adjustments to some lips next year.

Top Bottom