Rally in the Valley Info

Wobbegong

I received this in my e-mail box today and figured I'd share the info:

Come join the Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association's "Rally in the Valley" on Saturday, April 28th.

The Philadelphia mountain bike community and the Fairmount Park Commission are coming together to host a mountain bike ride event on April 28, 2007 in the Wissahickon Valley Park. This event will raise awareness and money for trail repairs, maintenance and improvements.

The Rally in the Valley is not a race but a fun ride at your own pace through the beautiful and challenging Wissahickon Valley Park to support a great cause - a portion of the event's proceeds will be donated to the Friends of the Wissahickon to support their ongoing efforts to repair, maintain and rebuild the Park's trails. There will be 3 marked courses, one for beginners, intermediate and advanced riders. There will also be a kids area and a few obstacles for all riders to try their skill.

Link with more info.
http://www.phillymtb.com/content/view/11/65/

anrothar

entirely thrilled
wiss is a reeeaaaallly fun park. some of the new sections there are superb. i would definitely be there if i were going to be in the country that weekend, but i wont. if you guys haven't ridden wissahickon yet, you're missing out. everything from fast and sweepy to steep and rocky and everything in between. and then there are those long, concrete, turnpiked pipes.....

J-Dro

I usually hit Wissahickon at least once a year. Like Sean said, its a fast and fun ride with lots of variety and a few lung busting climbs that follows the river gorge. It's kind of strange how every once in a while you pop out of the woods at a road crossing and realize that your actually in the city.

D

dzm3

Reminder! -- Rally in the Valley this Saturday 4/28

Just wanted to bump it up to the top!

The park faired pretty well thru last week's storm, and whatever damage has been repaired by now. It's ready for the fun.

Come out and play!!!

dz

D

DANSPANK

I'm tempted. I couldn't view the site from the office unfortunately. How long is the car ride and who else is thinking of going?

D

dzm3

Directions

Try just going to www.phillymtb.com

It depends on where you're coming from.

The start and registration will be located right off the parking lot at the intersection of Northwestern Ave. and Germantown Ave. in Philadelphia.

Marker A on this map:
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=40.08536,-75.23060&z=15&t=M&marker0=40.08536,-75.23060,unnamed

Look up your own directions depending on where you're coming from.
But two easiest ways to get there are:
From PA TurnPike
To the Exit for 309
309 South (to Philadelphia)
Exit for Paper Mill Rd. Make right
Follow Paper Mill all the way across Stenton Ave.
Bare right on the other side of the intersection.
Follow that to the second light, and make left into Northwestern
That will run straight into the parking lot

From I-76
Follow I-76 West
To the Exit for Ridge and Kelly
Make a right at the bottom of the ramp
Follow signs for Ridge West
Follow Ridge for a while. To the Church Rd. (some sort of fairly large gardening store on the left)
Make right into Church, follow it to Germantown, make another right into Germantown.
Follow that to the light at the intersection with Northwestern, make the right into the parking lot.

Hope to see a lot of you there.

dz

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom